Advice of Home Theater Specifications

desibm

Hello Guys,

This is my first post on the forum and need your advice/suggestions on the home theater room(15X16ft) i am setting up. This is one of the option i have received from a vendor.

SONY VPL-HW 45 ES 3D FULL HD PROJECTOR

FOCAL CHORUS 726 V FLOOR STANDING SPEAKERS
FOCAL CHORUS CC700V CENTER SPEAKER
SONODYNE SURROUND SPEAKERS
NORDKRAFT INCEILING SPEAKERS
EARTHQUAQE FF12 SUBWOOFER

YAMAHA RX-V681 DOLBY ATMOS AV RECEIVER

Total budget including blueray player, wiring, ups,power conditioner around INR5lacs

Hello Guys,

This is my first post on the forum and need your advice/suggestions on the home theater room(15X16ft) i am setting up. This is one of the option i have received from a vendor.

Total budget including blueray player, wiring, ups,power conditioner around INR5lacs

Yamaha RX V 681 for a 5 lacs budget :sad:.. For your room size, you can go up to 7.2.4 atmos layout, if you can overlook focal speakers with a capable AVR..

How much is the PJ ?

Hello Guys,

I would suggest you take more quotations from other dealers....given your room size, you could also look at high end models of Marantz / Denon / etc....

Has the dealer provided the cost break up? Please share that!

Hello Guys,

Is this a dedicated room? if so, have you considered the costs of other items
- Recliners, carpets, projector screen, acoustic treatments?

I have heard the Earthquake, and they sound good, but you would do better with two smaller subs.

Also, make sure you hear the speakers and you like the sound. If its only movies, you can reduce the speaker costs by going a few levels lower. If its for movies, make sure you like what you hear and audition a lot.

Its going to be a dedicated Home theater room. Will spend time watching movies and sports regularly. 5lacs is for Sound,AVR and speaker+Screen only. Additional cost for wiring and acoustics

SPEAKERS 5.1.2
FOCAL CHORUS 726 V FLOOR STANDING SPEAKER PAIR 144000
FOCAL CHORUS CC700V CENTER SPEAKER PIECE 40000
SONODYNE SURROUND SPEAKERS PAIR 19,000
NORDKRAFT INCEILING SPEAKERS PAIR 18,400
EARTHQUAQE FF12 SUBWOOFER PIECE 44,000
YAMAHA RX-V681 DOLBY ATMOS AV RECEIVER 50,000
-
SONY VPL-HW 45 ES 3D FULL HD PROJECTOR 152,000
125" REVERB FIXED FRAME SCREEN PIECE 30,000

Please suggest alternative speakers/AVR at the similar price.

home theater room(15X16ft). Its going to be a dedicated Home theater room.

Please suggest alternative speakers/AVR at the similar price.

The dealer has given a 5.1.2 package for approx 3.25 Lacs..

But for the same money, you can do 7.2.4.. 7 is the bed speakers, .2 is dual subs, .4 is 4 overheads (Ceiling speakers)..Hope you have a false ceiling already since it is dedicated HT room ?

Denon x 6300.. Since this is outgoing flagship model, they should offer you for a good price.. Approx 1.5 Lacs for AVR..

In the remaining 1.75 Lacs, you can look for speakers & subwoofer..

You can consider 7 identical bed speakers - Taga Harmony LCR 60

These speakers have wall mount provisions, both horizontally & vertically.. You can just hang them without taking any floor space..

They cost abt 15K each.. If you decide to get 7 of them, you should be able to negotiate with dealer for better discount..

hg_black.jpg

rear2.jpg

Dual identical subs for 60K - Some models to choose BIC America, Taga SW 10, TSW 200 (or) Polk if you can find one..

And any 4 ceiling speakers..

elangoas, i will study your suggestion and will try to see the setup if possible

I have got a quote from another dealer.

KEF T205(5.1) 126,000
KEF Ci 160QR(atmos) 32,000
Yamaha RXV583 50,000
Total - 2lacs

how good are KEF speakers, anyone using?

Hi

The main question is ....how many of these systems have you heard? It is better to audition the same movie content before making any decision....as these are vbig investments

Desi,

First and foremost, DO NOT go solely by dealers recommendations and reviews per se. There's are host of better Speakers, AVR, and combinations therein. Personal demo is an unavoidable MUST. Also its better to audition/compare side by side - though not always feasible as no dealer (esp in India) is going to carry more than 3/4 brands.

Apart from Sony 45ES, rest of the models (under various brand labels) seems dated. Sony 45ES, as per international standards, is tagged best projector under $2000 category. Though there are always better (as also pricier models).

If I were in your position, would -

1. Focus on Speakers, AVR/Separates, Sub, and lastly Surrounds/Atmos - in this same order. Surrounds/Atmos do not contribute as much to the overall system as others do.

2. KEF is a decent brand, however you should hear R series, LS series, or perhaps Q series (though its dated).

3. And if you're sailing in KEF boat, must try B&W, Monitor Audio and Dali.

4. Lastly, keep strict budget for wiring & acoustics. Dealers are bound to rip a hole in your pocket, and result would be barely marginally better at best. This is Dealer's paradise!

Recommendations:
AVR - Marantz 7011.
Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver(s), Dali Opticon(s), B&W 600(s), KEF R(s)
Sub: SVS PB 2000 (dual)
Projector: Sony 45ES
Note: Based on my personal use

Tread easy and try not to get swayed by dealers "recommendations". Most don't have a clue what's cheese and what's chalk.

What's your budget btw?

Paradigm Prestige Series is excellent.

Another quick point: Front 3 speakers MUST BE same brand & same series.

KEF T (105,205,305) are all Satellites. Unless you room size is diminutive, there's little point in investing significant amount on Sats.

If you happen to be visiting Mumbai in near future, you are welcome to check either of my systems -
Sys1: Marantz 6010, Jamo, Pionner BDP 180, Benq3050
Sys2: Marantz 7011, Monitor Audio, Oppo 103D, Sony 45ES

Desi,

First and foremost, DO NOT go solely by dealers recommendations and reviews per se. There's are host of better Speakers, AVR, and combinations therein. Personal demo is an unavoidable MUST. Also its better to audition/compare side by side - though not always feasible as no dealer (esp in India) is going to carry more than 3/4 brands.

Apart from Sony 45ES, rest of the models (under various brand labels) seems dated. Sony 45ES, as per international standards, is tagged best projector under $2000 category. Though there are always better (as also pricier models).

If I were in your position, would -

1. Focus on Speakers, AVR/Separates, Sub, and lastly Surrounds/Atmos - in this same order. Surrounds/Atmos do not contribute as much to the overall system as others do.

2. KEF is a decent brand, however you should hear R series, LS series, or perhaps Q series (though its dated).

3. And if you're sailing in KEF boat, must try B&W, Monitor Audio and Dali.

4. Lastly, keep strict budget for wiring & acoustics. Dealers are bound to rip a hole in your pocket, and result would be barely marginally better at best. This is Dealer's paradise!

Recommendations:
AVR - Marantz 7011.
Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver(s), Dali Opticon(s), B&W 600(s), KEF R(s)
Sub: SVS PB 2000 (dual)
Projector: Sony 45ES
Note: Based on my personal use

Tread easy and try not to get swayed by dealers "recommendations". Most don't have a clue what's cheese and what's chalk.

What's your budget btw?

Thanks for the suggestions. I am not in to music and mostly i will use my HT room for movies and sports. Kef205 is good and i liked it verymuch. will experience it again along with options u suggested(if the dealer has them)
They are also expensive than kef205, which will increase my budget a littlebit

Thanks for the suggestions. I am not in to music and mostly i will use my HT room for movies and sports. Kef205 is good and i liked it verymuch. will experience it again along with options u suggested(if the dealer has them)
They are also expensive than kef205, which will increase my budget a littlebit

What is ur budget ?

What is ur budget ?

My budget is 6lacs

Projector,Screen, Speakers(5.1+atmos),AVR, Wiring, bluray player, stabilizer, tatasky,wireless router, acoustics,cabin for equipment, rugs and curtains and other works

i want to go ahead with

KEF T205
KEF Ci 160QR
Yamaha RXV583
Sony VPL 45ES

The Sony is full HD, not 4k. Therefore very likely the dealer wants to get rid of the older models.
Do look into Ultra HD(4K). You can get a nice Benq at similar price.
If you have only one row of seating then one good subwoofer(SVS) should be sufficient.
Speakers and AVR of your choice and budget but do get 4 ceiling Atmos speakers. It makes a big difference.

The Sony is full HD, not 4k. Therefore very likely the dealer wants to get rid of the older models.
Do look into Ultra HD(4K). You can get a nice Benq at similar price.
If you have only one row of seating then one good subwoofer(SVS) should be sufficient.
Speakers and AVR of your choice and budget but do get 4 ceiling Atmos speakers. It makes a big difference.
Used a BenQ 1070 for 4 years. BenQ service is TERRIBLE these days. So they are out!
Looking at Optoma UHD 60 too. Will a fullHD receiver work well with a 4k projector. And by that I mean will it be worth it if I don't have a 4k receiver.

Vij, projector, irrespective of the fact its 4k, faux 4k, hd etc, will work with HD (non-4k) receiver. Its just that this receiver will not be able to transmit 4k signals to your 4k proejctor. But as far as hd content is concerned, should work all fine.

Though for 4K, content + processor + projection gadget, all needs to be 4k.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back