Yamaha home theater buying advice

chirag_11

Yamaha home theater
I need some advice on buying yamaha home heater.

I have following things at home.
1) samsung 50" led 3D tv with build in wifi
2) iPhone 4
3) MacBook Pro 13"
4) samsung galaxy s3
5) samsung galaxy note

Very soon buying Sony PS 3 for gaming and media player ( blueray & 3d movies) i have wifi Installed at home.

Now I need help to decide which Yamaha sound receiver and speaker to buy in budget of Rs 50000

Sound bar is better or wall mounting speakers in sound effect wise?

Since you have a good budget of 50K, you can go for separates.

Keep around 25K of budget for AVR. you'll get RXV373 in around 25K and spend rest of them on speakers.

You can go for a groupbuy at hifimart like

1.WHARFEDALE MOVIESTAR MS-100 HCP HOME THEATRE CINEMA PACKAGE at 52.7K
or you can buy speakers separately like Boston Acoustics XS 5.1
Wharfedale Moviestar MS-100 HCP Home Theatre Cinema Package

if you can wait for the whole system then go separate way like buy AVR and 2 fronts and center and when you have budget go for rear surrounds and subwoofer. It's the most recommended way to build your system step by step.

Sorry Chirag for hijacking your thread :)

I am planning to get Yamaha RX-A820 or A830 receiver from US (world voltage model). Can you please suggest which speakers would be the best option. My budget for speakers is Rs60000 (max.)

Sorry Chirag for hijacking your thread :)

I am planning to get Yamaha RX-A820 or A830 receiver from US (world voltage model). Can you please suggest which speakers would be the best option. My budget for speakers is Rs60000 (max.)

Do you plan to get them sourced from USA or locally?

Also you want to get all 7.2 channels in a one go or in phased manner like fronts and center initially and then rears and subs at later stages?

Do you plan to get them sourced from USA or locally?

Also you want to get all 7.2 channels in a one go or in phased manner like fronts and center initially and then rears and subs at later stages?

Hi Pranay, I would be procuring these speakers locally from Delhi. At present I have no plans neither for dual zone setup nor 7.1 setup. Rather I would be going only for 5.1 and would prefer to go for floor standing speakers.

Pranay... thanks for your input, as i have budget constrain and wish to build the setup gradually, was thinking myself of 3.1 or better 3 spkr set... few clarification, a) can we attach 3.1 (Sub+C+FR&L) with 5.1 AVR b) will it distort sound in anyway c) How different performance wld be 3.1 from 3 spkrs (music 50%, TV + movies rest), thanks in advance

Hi Khanzahmad,

a) Yes, you can attach 3.1 speakers to your 5.1 AVR.

b) it'll have absolutely no effect on sound quality as speakers will give the output only for connected speakers/channels

c) 3.1 would be with sub and as everyone says sub is the heart of movie watching experience hence I would also say that for amazing movie watching experience you should have sub. If music is the priority and if you are low on budget then you can purchase it latter. For music to enjoy, you can do without sub. Plz go for at least bookshelves for music. While watching TV on HD channels, you generally watch movie channels, so I would say to enjoy movies with Dolby Digital one would need sub. But again I am saying if someone is low on budget and wants to build his/her HT in steps, you can do away with sub initially.

I hope I am able to explain you what you wanted to know.

BTW what is your budget, room size?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back