Advice on buying new stereo speakers and a subwoofer (2.1) under Rs 30000/- from Bangalore

R Vaz

I own a working Denon AVR 1611 which is 9 years old.
Which floorstanders/ bookshelf stereo speakers with a subwoofer (2.1) would you recommend. These new speakers should be available for purchase at Bangalore with maintenance support .My budget is under Rs 30,000/- and possibly include cost of wiring.
Thank you.

My suggestion is don't look for sub you won't enjoy in home environment. Stick to 2 good stereo speakers. You need to try can get option from Kef or Klipsch. There can be a chance you can get demo stock at a reasonable price. No harm in buying. Share contact can help you more in deciding. But no sub pls

Hi @R Vaz, Since you are on tight budget, I am suggesting something that you help you achieve your bass goal. If you go for these used FS, you would not need SW: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/monitor-audio-m6-floorstanders.73392/.
If you want SW to go below these FS frequency, you can consider buying DIY Frugal Horns by Manniraj. I have auditioned them personally. They have amazing mids and highs. @13K these can beat any BS that you can buy within your budget. There is no maintenance required for these speakers. If the speakers conk off, you can remove the speakers and replace them with by yourself.
You can go for New SW from brands like Taga.
I have bought speakers from @manniraj. I have no vested interests with these FMs but wanted to give you options to explore to stick close to the budget.

Which floorstanders/ bookshelf stereo speakers with a subwoofer (2.1) would you recommend. These new speakers should be available for purchase at Bangalore with maintenance support .My budget is under Rs 30,000/- and possibly include cost of wiring.
Thank you.

Hi

Since your playback will be stereo, you may not get the required punch using an AVR....some AVRs are designed for movies and hence need a sub to complete the lost frequency output.......there are some AVRs who put Music performance first as their principal and movies secondary....these work well with 2 Floor Standers etc.

Since you are based in Bengaluru...why not check what speakers are out there (new) and preowned (HFV classifieds / OLX) and then take the plunge....

Most decent tower or floor standers would go as low as 45hz and in some cases 35hz...it depends on the brand, design, impedance, tyoe of drivers used etc etc.

Dont rush.....make an informed choice......look for speakers which are minimum 8 ohms impedance...helps in good running of the amp or avr should the impedance dip during continuous playback

Which speakers do you currently have? If it's going to be stereo only, I would suggest replacing the receiver with a stereo amplifier along with a dac and trying out.

You can come over if anywhere close to Whitefield to try out stereo Amps.

MaSh

Which floorstanders/ bookshelf stereo speakers with a subwoofer (2.1) would you recommend.

Nice to hear an AVR doing duty for 9 yrs.. When you will have a sub in your set-up, the lows are taken care by the sub, then the speakers can be small (bookshelf).. You anyways have AVR, by which you can take advantage of sub using the internal crossover.. Would be good for casual movie watching as the .1 LFE will be untouched..

These new speakers should be available for purchase at Bangalore with maintenance support .

There wouldn't be a need for service with speakers.. subwoofers might need, incase there is an issue.. Almost most brands, do have a service representative in bigger cities.. So support shouldn't be a problem..

My budget is under Rs 30,000/- and possibly include cost of wiring.Thank you.

You may consider Taga Harmony Platinum series book shelf speakers, either S 90 SL / Platinum one for 11 ~ 12K.. For the remaining budget you may consider Taga TSW 120 subwoofer, a 10inch, will make your set-up 2.1..

speaker wires and subwoofer cables together will not exceed Rs 1,000.. You may choose to buy from hifimart.com (or) amazon.in depending on your flexibility..

Thank you.

Thanks @arunkvivek

Please PM me if you are interested in my DIY Frugal Horns and you can check my sale thread for further details. https://www.hifivision.com/threads/frugal-horns-alpairs-7p.72234/

As you are in Bangalore do come over for a listen if you are free this weekend and we can take it forward.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back