Advice on Panny pv8

czarofchennai

Hi friends - This is my first thread. Planning to buy a plasma and have
zeroed in on the PV8, aided of course by the amazing price offered at JD electronics.

A few doubts.

How old is the PV8.
Any comparable models in Chennai.
How about Samasung A410 in comparison...

Help pl...

The Czar of Chennai is asking for help??? LOL!!!

The PV8 is a great TV and VFM. Samsung is good too in PQ but price might be more. Replacement models for the PV8 are around the corner but I would assume they would be expensive and not in the range of the PV8. PV8 on it's own is a good buy and you can go for it.

zeroed in on the PV8, aided of course by the amazing price offered at JD electronics.

A few doubts.

How old is the PV8.

Help pl...

I own the A410, and I can certify that it is excellent. I recently compared the 410 and the PV8 side by side in Thailand and while the differences were very minor, overall the samsung appeared to be slightly superior with regard to colour reproduction and detail, while the panasonic had better blacks. Of course you must remember that i might have sufferred from ownership bias as well. But overall you won't go too far wrong with either set, both are superbly capable, and superb value (and you've already made the critical decision, to not go for LCD :) ). The Samsung has one more advantage in that it allows for more fine calibration than the Panasonic, many of the typical "service menu" settings are available in the user menu.

A few doubts.

How old is the PV8.

Help pl...

A few doubts.

How old is the PV8.

Help pl...

Hi:

I and most of forum members have PV8 and so far it has got stunning feedbacks wrt PQ. If you do watch more of SD and little of DVD, then order right away PV8 - it's got mindblowing SD pictures from your STB.

Hi:

I and most of forum members have PV8 and so far it has got stunning feedbacks wrt PQ. If you do watch more of SD and little of DVD, then order right away PV8 - it's got mindblowing SD pictures from your STB.

Maybe we should start a PV8 owners club.

Still despite so many on this forum going for the PV8 and endorsing it too, many still have doubts about it???

Maybe we should start a PV8 owners club.

Still despite so many on this forum going for the PV8 and endorsing it too, many still have doubts about it???

actually some one should start it and also contact panasonic india. They can use the marketing thing of giving a TV for review to select members (1-20) and they can review it.

Ultimately its just a question of a lakh or more for that - but the kind of brand building and effeciency these kind of campaigns can do is awesome.

Is anyone listening?

+1 for the panasonic owners club. Do we get senior memberships and status.

Hey guys..Thanks a ton...Think that settles the issue.
At JD, Chennai they are quoting 45500 and they say it is only for Forum members.
How much can u bargain???
Can I have the price of the best bargain at J.d.Chennai please???

Why not group up and drive down the prices further???
Afterall, why not leverage the power of collective bargaining...
Any takers????

Hey guys..Thanks a ton...Think that settles the issue.
At JD, Chennai they are quoting 45500 and they say it is only for Forum members.
How much can u bargain???
Can I have the price of the best bargain at J.d.Chennai please???

Why not group up and drive down the prices further???
Afterall, why not leverage the power of collective bargaining...
Any takers????

42-43 would be good. actually vijay sales in pune who gave it to me for 44k had sold the ov8 even at 42.5k earlier in jan-feb but now have raised the prices back to 46-47k - to be had with bargain for 45k.

You can try to get it for 44k - final - make the payment and get the TV. Before that make sure you check the piece for no of hours used. Mine showed 100 hrs of use - which is not big if it had been used as a showpiece - then again many got their pv8s with less than 20 hours of viewing recorded.

Great...Will try to drive down to sub 44 levels...:)
Thanks for your advice folks....

Elated at having found this forum..
Will pen down feedback after purchase of PV8.
Thanks again..:)

Hey why PV8? Is it not outdated now?

I heard Panasonic is launching new series? or already launched?

If PV8 is so good then I am sure the new models will be better. It is better to be little future proof with this fast changing technology you know....

Moserw, do you know how many years now since PV8 has been launched?
Why not put maybe 5K more and buy the latest?

PV8 is around 45K now. I bought my PV8 at 55K. I'm quite sure the new release will be more than that probably around 60K. Of course if it's less then great news, but more than likely it will not be. A difference of 15K or more is quite a huge margin and would the latest/replacement models justify the price difference?

Also, no guarantee the new/latest model will be better than the PV8. The Maruti Zen comes to mind in this case, the old was so much better than the new and should not have been discontinued.

Hey why PV8? Is it not outdated now?

I heard Panasonic is launching new series? or already launched?

If PV8 is so good then I am sure the new models will be better. It is better to be little future proof with this fast changing technology you know....

Moserw, do you know how many years now since PV8 has been launched?
Why not put maybe 5K more and buy the latest?

Yeah if pricing is right then worth checking them out.
But are they launched?

The users on avforums, avsforums are saying that PQ on x10 and pv8, are almost same when viewed together. Just cosmetic differences.

As far as i am concerned, the down firing speakers in x10 bother me a little, as down firing speakers usually are not that better as compared to those in pv8. So i am happy with the pv8 purchase, especially since i got to watch the IPL!

Refer this thread :
http://www.hifivision.com/television/4085-lcd-plasma-buy-7.html

Actually all Plasmas and LCDs barring the LG Jazz come with poor audio. A couple of friends I know have connected Audioengine A5 and are enjoying great audio along with great PQ.

Actually all Plasmas and LCDs barring the LG Jazz come with poor audio. A couple of friends I know have connected Audioengine A5 and are enjoying great audio along with great PQ.

just of add we shouldn't buy a tv based on sound,we can improve the sound by adding a external speaker,but tvs like lg cannot improve their image quality once bought.even a audioengine A2 is better then most tvs sound.

in that not so old days ,when we all had only crts in the store ,i used to see people go for tvs like onida or tvs that had a woofer on the top they used to buy tv based on which had more bass or watts.:indifferent14:

just of add we shouldn't buy a tv based on sound,we can improve the sound by adding a external speaker,but tvs like lg cannot improve their image quality once bought.even a audioengine A2 is better then most tvs sound.

Very true. That's why I went for a Panasonic LCD instead. The LG's PQ paled in comparison...

While the improvements in PQ or SQ may be marginal, the next line of Plasmas/LCDs might be better in terms of power consumption, hence it might be worth waiting and even buying at a higher price compared to PV8. Experts, please comment...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back