Advice on Wharfedale Speakers

Hi all,

Taking the 5.1 vs 2.0 debate a little further, I was wondering how does the AVR sound when run in 2 channel mode assuming one has a decent AVR and fronts.

Please note I am new to this forum doing my research within HFV posts to be able to upgrade from my Sony DAV-DZ3K HT to a decent AVR which can appease my taste of A & V.

Now, technically speaking an AVR should put out the entire spectrum of available audio of a track to the fronts in the 2 channel mode.

My question is could the performance then be compared to an acclaimed 2.0. and if the AVR's performance would still fall short of a 2.0, then why?

I would appreciate any thoughts or experience in this regard since my purchase is based on the above assumption.

Thanks in advance

First of all, I don't recommend a Denon. Go for a:

Marantz/NAD/Cambridge Audio

Then, instead of Wharf, you can also consider Monitor Audio.

IMO a sub woofer isn't required to start with. You won't need it. Get a good pair of FSs and if you have money left then get 2 cheaper bookshelf surrounds.

Buy the center speaker later.

Its misleading to say all AVRs are bad for music. Harmon Kardon, Marantz, Arcam, NAD, Pio Elite series and some newer or top of line Yamaha, Denon and Onkyo are good as well..........

The answer I am looking for is....

Suppose I play an audio CD and select "2 channels stereo mode" on the AVR where the fronts take all the output and others none, would the AVR's performance still fall short of an Int Amp?

For example, if we play a given song and music track in a Norge + Whaf 9.1 and then in an Onk 3300 (3300 set to play the track from fronts only), which do you think would sound better from a "voice and music" perspective.

The reason for comparison of above product is cost proximity. Please note that the 3300 can decode the loss less audio from my Sony BDP which Norge cannot.

Your thoughts please

PS: Can anyone suggest me where can I audition Norge in Hyderabad? Vector say they get it to order.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back