Advice regarding home theatre setup ,budget : 1 Lakh...plz. Help guys...

argurpreet321

Hi...
I am a newbie here n need help choosing a system for my home....
Budget Rs. 1 Lakh
Will be connecting it to a samsung lcd...
Am mostly looking for good music playing capabilities...with decent home theatre sound for movie playback...
Will be playing music from my hard drive or audio/mp3 cds...
dvd playback...blu ray if possible but have a ps3 for playing blu rays...
Kindly suggest the best setup for near audiophile sound ( if possible in my budget)...

Would prefer 5.1. Nd the room size is around 9' x 18'. So a very rectangular room but the setup will be at one edge of this room nd I will be sitting in front of the speakers at a small distance of about 6'. So there would be a recliner sofa in front of the speakers.
But I need the setup to be future proof as I may be shifting to a newer place with a bigger room. That's why I am thinking of going in for proper floor standing speakers.

am more interested in good music...but will be watching movies and will be connecting the system to my tv for regular viewing...have heard some great things about B & W 685 speakers...Delhi guys please step up and guide me where I can audition these in Delhi....any other suggestions regarding my system are most welcome....and appreciated...
Keep it coming guys....!!!:)

Hi I am not much of an Audiophile, but with a budget of 1L I probably would keep, separate setups for Movies and Music, specially if the priority is Music (which is what it looks in your case).

Will shell out like 70 odd buck on a stereo setup, and 30 for any Onkyo, Yamaha HTiB for Movies.
For floorstands let other gurus pour in, but with 70K on board, my personal best would be wharfedale 10.4 for around 40K with MARANTZ PM5004 STEREO INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER for 20K, rest for cables and interconnects ....... but thats just me as I said I am no audiophile, people here are much more experienced in this regard than me (my forte is mostly anything related to computers and digital world) ... but since you asked, I poured in my suggestion .... :)

Regards
Sammy

Hi I am not much of an Audiophile, but with a budget of 1L I probably would keep, separate setups for Movies and Music, specially if the priority is Music (which is what it looks in your case).

Will shell out like 70 odd buck on a stereo setup, and 30 for any Onkyo, Yamaha HTiB for Movies.
For floorstands let other gurus pour in, but with 70K on board, my personal best would be wharfedale 10.4 for around 40K with MARANTZ PM5004 STEREO INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER for 20K, rest for cables and interconnects ....... but thats just me as I said I am no audiophile, people here are much more experienced in this regard than me (my forte is mostly anything related to computers and digital world) ... but since you asked, I poured in my suggestion .... :)

Regards
Sammy
Hi Sam
thanks for your valuable suggestions...
But I would like to spend my budget on one integrated setup....for both music and movies...so that I can get one excellent system for my money...also I don't have space to keep both separate systems...

If space is off too much concern, then you might not have a choice, but you said it should be future proof as you would be shifting to a bigger place, in that case purchasing a separate setup make sense. Plus HTiB hardly takes any place, they these satellite spks that you mount on walls. so you can easily keep floorstands in front. purchase a small rack to keep your AVR and Stereo amp and any players you might connect and you have a decent setup.
Reason I am saying this is, if you love music, get a decent floorstands you wont regrette. 9x18 is not that a small size, my room size is 11x15, which is more or less same as yours, and I have separate setups.

If for any reason you still are adamant to have one setup, replace wharfs with something like Polk Tsi300/400 (less musical bettter for movies), purchase an AVR. 5 spks and sub separately and connect everything to AVR. Use it for both movies and music.
For 5 spks Q-acoustics is a good choice, for sub, Def tech is what I suggest.
But I would still say keep it separate ....

What ever you do, make sure you take an audition of everything and then decide ...

Regards
Sammy

Last edited:
BTW do venture out other options as well like Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1, but thats for movies ..... and a bit expensive ...around 70K ..... you can add floorstands later ......you still be left with 30K, so at a later stage you can add some bucks and go for floorstands ....

But this option is only for those for whom movies are of preference ....... which is not your case I guess.....

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back