Advise needed for speaker package under 35k

manu george

Hai Hifi members I am planning to buy speakers and subwoofer for my denon avr 1612.I have a pair of Yamaha ns e55 for surround.I want front centre and subwoofer.I decided to buy sonodyne c2401(center)+1501(front) and roarr 210 subwoofer and dac cables for speakers(24meter total) and subwoofer(3meter).
Dealer quoted me 33k for these.please give your valuable advises.thanks everybody in advance.

Sonodyne 1501 specs says it has 90 watts continuous power.I can't believe it.

May be if we feed the speaker with 70Hz - 20kHz of freq response, it will handle 90Watts of continuous power. But if the speaker is fed with full range freq response 20Hz - 20kHz, the power handling will drop between 60 - 70 watts.

When you set your Denon receiver to direct mode, it treats the speaker as full range & will send the full range signals to it (or) if you have set you speaker as large, it will send the full range signal.

BTW the price that you mentioned looks pretty fair for Sonus 1501 + C2401 + Subwoofer + speaker cables.

Hi

congrats for your new avr. Rather going for entire setup,I would say build the speakers step by step. for the 35k invest in good set of front speakers for gr8 music listening..then go for sub or center.

I would suggest this if your taste is more towards music.

Actually I want imaging.Many people are saying floorstanding speakers have big soundstage but imaging and layering is good on bookshelf.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back