Ah Njoe Tjoeb CD players

Rajiv

Hi
Who are the dealers for Ah Njoe Tjoeb CD players in India?
Regards
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv
I am not sure there are any dealers for this product and given the pricing, I seriously doubt that there will be any. We did look into this a while back and were offered the dealership direct from the manufacturer but given the pricing, I feel you could get better products for the price. Having said that, this was my first tube CDP :)

cheers
Sridhar

Hi Rajiv,

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to let you know that I have a chance of getting the tube Cdp. So before that wanted to know the sound signature?

Has anyone listened to this player. Please share your experiences?

Thanks for looking.

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Sugden A21a> Highly modded Vintage B&W DM4 => MUSIC

I will be purchasing without an audition but on the net I see plenty of rave reviews.

AH! Tjoeb '99 Reviews

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Sugden A21a> Highly modded Vintage B&W DM4 => MUSIC

Costello: "Hey, I wanna run my stereo but I gotta burned out tube."
Abbott: "You need a njoe tjoeb first."
Costello: "A nose job? Whaddya mean a nose job? My nose is fine."
Abbott: "That's right, a njoe tjoeb. First."
Costello: "The guy on first needs a nose job?

Jokes apart, it is supposed to be a Dutch word, and the 'j's are silent. So Njoe Tjoeb is pronounced as 'No Job'. I think it means new tube.

Cheers

Last edited:
I will be purchasing without an audition but on the net I see plenty of rave reviews.

AH! Tjoeb '99 Reviews

--
helium

If you are going solely by the reviews on the link you posted well Don't!!
I can't see whats so tempting about this going by the descriptions in them - fat sound? Detailed? Warm? lack of hardness? Glare? Every other equipment review will promise the same.

Or are you just playing with temptation? Not worth the risk of a blind purchase honestly.

PS: I thought the OP had bread crumbs or food particles stuck under his laptop keyboard when I saw the name "misspelt" :eek:hyeah:

--G

I have one - without the upsampler board (I don't have this one installed), the sound is very rolled off and very warm. There is loss of detail as well. The player is a Marantz 4000 CDP with the output stage taken out and replaced with a tube output stage.

cheers

I see there is a confusion about the pronunciation. I am not a linguist, but having lived in continental Europe for 4 years and traveling all around, I have some idea. In addition, I lived in Germany just a km or two away from the Dutch border, and was naturally visiting Holland as a neighborhood place. My favorite weekend drive was along the Maas river to a town called Maastricht in Holland.

I think "Njoe Tjoeb" should be pronounced just as "New Tube".

The pronunciation of "J" in continental Europe is very different from what it is in UK (and also Ireland I think). Among the Germanic languages like German, Dutch (or Flemish), Swedish, Danish etc, "J" is pronounced just like the English "I". Remember "Bjorn Borg". OTOH, in romance languages like French, Italian, Spanish etc, it may be different. For example, in Spanish, "J" can be pronounced as "H" ("Jose" is pronounced "Hos-e" ).

The continental Europeans also have the concept of compound vowels, just like Sanskrit and its derivative languages. For example, everywhere on Dutch highways, you will see the sign "Uitgang" (notice the compound vowel "UI"). It's actually a sign for exit from the highway. Now in our case for this CDP, it seems to me that we need to replace "joe" with "ew" to pronounce it.

(English was also a Germanic language once upon a time, but for the last few hundred years, it has been more influenced by French).

I have no idea about the quality of the CDP though. There exist many Marantz CDP mods, and this appears to be one of them with tube output stage.

Regards.

Last edited:
Costello: "Hey, I wanna run my stereo but I gotta burned out tube."
Abbott: "You need a njoe tjoeb first."
Costello: "A nose job? Whaddya mean a nose job? My nose is fine."
Abbott: "That's right, a njoe tjoeb. First."
Costello: "The guy on first needs a nose job?

Jokes apart, it is supposed to be a Dutch word, and the 'j's are silent. So Njoe Tjoeb is pronounced as 'No Job'. I think it means new tube.

Cheers

If 'j's are silent,then it should be "Noe Toeb"

I have one - without the upsampler board (I don't have this one installed), the sound is very rolled off and very warm. There is loss of detail as well. The player is a Marantz 4000 CDP with the output stage taken out and replaced with a tube output stage.

cheers

You are right right the sound is rolled off and hence the details are missing, which I'm so used too.:rolleyes:

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET GM70/ Sugden A21a> Highly modified Vintage B&W DM4 => MUSIC

I have no idea about the quality of the CDP though. There exist many Marantz CDP mods, and this appears to be one of them with tube output stage.

Regards.

Yes Asit these Cd players are modded on cheap Marantz players.

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET GM70/ Sugden A21a> Highly modified Vintage B&W DM4 => MUSIC

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back