Ain't warped no more!

add two zeros to the price tag.
Wait... Make two versions. second one a 'deluxe version' with gold plated two pin plug and add one more zero.

Hair dryers for 5,000 and 50,000? The US snake oil manufacturers have to learn a thing or two from us. :)

Cheers

at my home, the general place the wife goes to find her hair-dryer is on my DIY work bench - mostly used for heatshrinking work.... :licklips:

audio_engr, aap toh sab ke guru ho! you've taken the hair dryer to places we are only beginning to explore ;-)

Actually I'll make a third super-luxury one... In addition to what you've suggested, it'll come with a special airflow adjuster, a power conditioner and one will have to put it on a spearate line for A-Grade record ressurection!

aha, malvai! - i must let you in on a little secret!

you create a super-duper luxury version of this hot-air blower and target the "resurrected" audience - you will be the next Ambani - worth billions-

the big market is here - all " the little sisters of mercy" and the seminaries- they enjoy good music.

if you can convince them that your product will extend the life of their precious system - you will be a billionaire!!:)

aha, malvai! - i must let you in on a little secret!

you create a super-duper luxury version of this hot-air blower and target the "resurrected" audience - you will be the next Ambani - worth billions-

the big market is here - all " the little sisters of mercy" and the seminaries- they enjoy good music.

if you can convince them that your product will extend the life of their precious system - you will be a billionaire!!:)

:lol:
In splits! Really!!!

Would the expensive power cable story allow me to make it even pricier???

Err, was'nt this thread about warped records?

to err is human.
and we all guess, the thread is now all warped!

On a serious note, yes it was about warped records.
So, guys, more ideas, questions etc are welcome!

to err is human.
and we all guess, the thread is now all warped!

Ha, Ha, Ha!!!
You really are lightfooted with your wit, Malvai!
Seriously, from my vinyl days I found the glass sheets sandwich in the sun the best; takes longer but is less likely to damage the LP thru accidental overheating.

An audiophile Hair Dryer ???!!!
Good idea. Use OFC powercord, pack in attractive box, add two zeros to the price tag.
Wait...
Make two versions. second one a 'deluxe version' with gold plated two pin plug and add one more zero.

Pero voy a ser rico :D

now before you get into trouble, that means i'm gonna be rich. or perhaps you meant he (malvai) is gonna be rich :D

The "Sandwich" works too... But, Kamal, even that imparts some groove noise... No method is truly perfect. The only fool proof method is to not let 'em get warped in the first place....

But both - "the hair dryer" and "the sandwitch" at least restore the LP until the replacement can be found...

would hot water work? immerse the damaged part in hot water, swirl around a bit for couple of minutes and then put it under some weight?

would hot water work? immerse the damaged part in hot water, swirl around a bit for couple of minutes and then put it under some weight?

Never tried hot water, but steam works....
But you gotta be careful of not hurting yourself... Plus be very careful about exactly when to put the weight on the record...

The "Sandwich" works too... But, Kamal, even that imparts some groove noise... No method is truly perfect. The only fool proof method is to not let 'em get warped in the first place....
But both - "the hair dryer" and "the sandwitch" at least restore the LP until the replacement can be found...
Thats the best, of course.
How about listing some tips re Vinyl care, e.g,
-Handle only with the edge
-Wipe clean before playing& before storing
-Use high quality brush for cleaning
-Never brush /wipe radially(unlike with CDs)
-Always store in protective inner sleeve & outer jacket
-place vinyl only on the turtable or in its protective covering
-Always store upright in a closed cool place
etc etc
-

You've covered most of the tips though....

I think I will put up videos of how to clean an LP... It'll be useful for the newbies..

You've covered most of the tips though....

I think I will put up videos of how to clean an LP... It'll be useful for the newbies..

great initiative for the umpteen newbies who keep entering vinyl! :clapping:

Last edited:
I have one solution for warped records. Since this solution, I've never ever looked back. No glass sandwich and no hair dryer.

The best accessory for the turntable that I ever purchased, without a doubt:

The VPI Periphery ring and center clamp (IGNORE this center clamp. This is a screw down type one, The one I have and must be used in conjunction with the ring is in the second photo)

clamp_periphery.jpg

Not my table, but you can see the center weight that is used in conjunction with the periphery ring.
vpireview3_web.jpg

BEST TWEAK EVER. No more warped records at the time of play.

If one doesn't purchase the periphery ring, the center weight cannot be used alone. That is when you use the center screw down type clamp from the first picture.

Last edited:
@ Shaizada: Does this contraption work on all kinda warps? Also, what's the cost? Will the wife stare back and gain the advantage back becoz of the price? :p

@ Shaizada: Does this contraption work on all kinda warps? Also, what's the cost? Will the wife stare back and gain the advantage back becoz of the price? :p

@ G (Shaizada),
With reference to above note from Manav (Malvai), did you notice ..when ever his excellency 'speaketh' the word 'wife' always pops up ??
And then you blame me to confer the 'DB - Divorce Bringer' tag onto you. :lol:

But i do agree in the end to one of your sayings - "divorce shall bring pain, which music can heal" LMAO

@ everyone,
Thanks to have pitched in. This is quite a 'musically hilarious' and educative discussion. Was quite a stress reliever while i read n smiled along yesterday night before sleeping. And then the last note from Malvai on Shaizada's one of many 'humble' suggestions got me into splits. :D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back