Air conditioner in Chennai.

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Copper Coils much better than Aluminium ones for sure....if you already have existing Daikins which are 5 years plus, check which models they are...for all you know...these may have good 100% copper coils and maybe a good servicing will help in boosting their performance.....if these are real white elephants when it comes to electric consumption, then you may need to look at new ones...

The Lloyd cools very fast.....10-15 mins the room gets chilled up when running it on Turbo mode (22 degrees).

Ensure you read the specs of which ever brand you go for and dont make hasty decisions....
Copper is better - the coils can be repaired. Al Coils, if there is damage, would need to be replaced entirely
Lloyd and voltas are the popular budget picks. I have a voltas 1 ton which has been running fine for the past 3 years.
I needed to do a refill after i left it unused for a year in between house moves, but it has been reliable

Thanks guys for the inputs. My mechanic also says not to go in for the inverter acs as they are prone to failures. And he has given me prices for all 3* ac only. Most 2018 models are now 3 star?

Thanks guys yogi, Rajiv ,Eddie, prabu, vjbox.

Yes this is my own home Rajiv sir.

@vj_box i stay far from t nagar, I live in OMR after roll gate in Siruseri. So the guys from the city might charge for the transportation as well. I wish someone knew some ac places on OMR.

Regarding Lloyd Olga’s Godrej etc, I’m just wondering how their cooling efficiency will be as compared to the More known brands like Daikin or hitachi or Mitsubishi etc. Thinking twice before I make the plunge on a slightly lesser known brand. Btw copper is better or aluminium?
If it is own home, then I would suggest installing window ac if possible. Splits give a lot of headache. After the first year the blower fan blades get dirty and cooling starts to decrease gradually. To clean them properly, the indoor unit has to be removed from the wall and dismantled, and again reinstalled and again refill the gas. Every time this is done, the cooling efficiency goes down as most of the vacuuming is not done properly and Indian technicians are not very professional. Window AC runs without any problems for years, and they too require their blower blades to be cleaned, but don't have the problems of splits.

I agree in terms of window ACs being more reliable with lesser maintenance and installation costs, however most newer apartment building barely have options to install a window unit, especially if the windows are fenesta or the like which can't be altered without complete removal and reinstallation, add to it most modern apartment living rooms again don't have options of installing window ACs. I had the same problem when I moved into my place, had to go for split ones against my wish only due to a lack of options to install a window AC.

I was forced to use Misubhishi 2 Ton split as I installed Fenesta else would have happily lived with O General window. Nothing else compares to them.
Casement window AC is not available in India, otherwise it would have been very helpful.

It’s only a split unit. There is no provision for Window AC. Will post model numbers tomorrow. Thank u.

So these are the models I am given from Mitsubishi.

1 Ton. MS GK13VA
1.5 Ton. MS GK18VA
2.0 Ton. MS GK24VA

They are all 3 star ac, non inverter. I was reading somewhere that all non Inverter AC now will get only 3 star rating and not more. What sense does that make?

The AC rating scale was changed this year. Five star ACs from last year would be three star under current norms. Hence the limited options for five star models

Ok I just got worried that I’ll be paying crazy electricity bills in Chennai the ac all being 3 star haha. So these Mitsubishi 3 star acs are actually 5 star acs? But the scale has changed right? So nothing to worry about wrt bills? :D

Ok I just got worried that I’ll be paying crazy electricity bills in Chennai the ac all being 3 star haha. So these Mitsubishi 3 star acs are actually 5 star acs? But the scale has changed right? So nothing to worry about wrt bills? :D

Just make sure these are 3 star on 2018 norms and you'll be fine

Lower current consumption will gain one star. Higher consumption, more the compressor runs & the more energy is used hence will loose one or two stars.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back