• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Air conditioner in Chennai.

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Wharfedale Speakers
D

Deleted member 38504

Need 6 acs for my new home in Chennai.

1. Brand and quality? Any suggestions. They should be good and have a life of about 5-7 years.
2. Inverter AC. Yes or no?
3. Chennai members please help me in getting a good deal. Where can I buy them from.

Thanks guys. Regards.

yogibear

Split: Mitsubishi

Window: Fujitsu, also commonly called O General.

Inverter Ac: Depends on daily useage hours and keeps the electricity consumption lower.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 38504

Thanks. They have to be all split units. 4 in each bedroom and 2 in the living room.

Two bedroom ac will be on 365 days of the year for about 10-12 hours each day. The living room acs will be on occasionally ( meaning pretty much everyday ) for a couple of hours everyday in the afternoon till evening.

So is it worth getting inverter acs? Will there be enough power saving and bill saving to invest in them?

Mitsubishi. I’ve heard really good things about them. Are they really worth the price? How about blue star or hitachi or Daikin.

Upvote 0

yogibear

From friends I gather Hitachi and Daikin are not anymore the quality they used to be. If your useage is high, go for inverter, they are light on running expenses for sure.

Mitsubhishi split are cheaper then Fujitsu and my experience with Fujitsu split has been bad consistently.

Installation must be perfect. In case of split Ac’s, Insist on vacuuming the line before filling of refrigerant.

I am not from Chennai but you can check price with different dealers after you finalise the particular model of Mitsubishi.

Though personally, I would always install Fujitsu 1.5 Ton window over ANY split AC.

Upvote 0

yogibear

Further, make sure your forward and return copper pipe line diameters are 100% in confirmation with company stated specs for the particular model else you will lose on efficiency and higher electricity bills.

Upvote 0

vj_box

1. Brand and quality? Any suggestions. They should be good and have a life of about 5-7 years.
3. Chennai members please help me in getting a good deal. Where can I buy them from.

Thanks guys. Regards.

For your need, Inverter ACs are the way to go. I have been happy with Daikin and our recent ones have all been Daikin Inverter ACs. The latest one we got was from Rathna Fan House T.Nagar and they usually offer good deals and you can very well command for a good discount when taking all 6 together.

Upvote 0

efernand1

Thanks guys. Regards.

Hi

I would suggest since this is for your OWN new home, you need to get something which delivers performance and also ensures good after sales service...

Besides the top Brands of O General (You dont get them like before...built quality) , LG and Mitsubishi......I would strongly recommend to go for Whirilpool or Lloyd acs...these come with 100% pure copper coils and performance is stellar....look at their range of models and i am sure you can crack a good deal in Chennai for 6 acs....

I have a couple of friends in the AC business here in Mumbai and this is their honest feedback.........My inlaws place has Lloyd and its great!

Upvote 0

yogibear

A friend too suggested Lloyd. Used to be just among the very brands, few back in 1980's, IIRC. Might have come back with improvements. The wifi feature looks nice. ( However, one more reason to get glued to the smartphone).

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 38504

Thanks guys yogi, Rajiv ,Eddie, prabu, vjbox.

Yes this is my own home Rajiv sir.

@vj_box i stay far from t nagar, I live in OMR after roll gate in Siruseri. So the guys from the city might charge for the transportation as well. I wish someone knew some ac places on OMR.

Regarding Lloyd Olga’s Godrej etc, I’m just wondering how their cooling efficiency will be as compared to the More known brands like Daikin or hitachi or Mitsubishi etc. Thinking twice before I make the plunge on a slightly lesser known brand. Btw copper is better or aluminium?

Upvote 0

Naturelover

Staff member
Wonder if central air conditioning could be possible. Worth checking out looking at your usage.
And, BTW, there's no brand by the name of O General. Though that's how General is commonly referred to. The error comes from the company logo on the left of the name. It looks like an "O" but it is actually a "G" in a circle :).

Upvote 0

nitinsanand

I would recommend Mitsubishi, General and Daikin in that order. For your living room where usage would be longer on a regular basis you can go for an inverter ac and for the bedrooms anything between the 3-5 star rated depending on usage, but definitely go for only the copper coil models in Chennai due to the humidity levels and proximity to the sea shore. Most of the newer models come with copper coil condensers. I'm not sure how they would charge you for delivery but Rathna Fan house or AC bazaar in T Nagar Pondy Bazaar area are your best bets. Not sure if there are many showrooms on OMR, in any case most of the larger stores would send the ACs from their warehouse/godown irrespective of showroom locations, unless of course they have storage in each showroom.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 38504

Rajiv sir, central ac is not possible I checked. That was my first thought.

Thanks @nitinsanand so it definitely will be copper. I'll check at the local stores at omr first then head to t nagar.

Upvote 0

yogibear

Can you elaborate on that please

Fujitsu 1.5 Ton window, quite silent compared to other brands. The frame should be rigid and strong. Saves you headache of split Ac installation and outclasses every other 1.5 Ton split in terms of efficiency and speed. I have 8 of them installed in two different houses. The first one is 10 years old and still functions as new.

Yes, if your useage is very high then you may want to go for inverter split AC as windows AC are non inverter.

Fujitsu / O General is the only brand in India that still cools even if outside temperature is nearly 50 C. We do have such glorious moments once or twice every summer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 38504

On a side note, I already have 6 Daikin ac installed in the house in Chennai. They are new and not used for 5 years as the house was empty and no one was living there. They are up for sale. Point to note. 5 years old but unused. Only local pickup in Chennai.

The new 6 acs will replace these 6 Daikin acs.

Upvote 0

prateekatasniya

Inverter ac consume lesser power. But drawback is they need time to cool the room.
Inverter will be good for your rooms and normal ACs will be good for other places.
Have experienced both.

Upvote 0

vj_box

Thanks guys yogi, Rajiv ,Eddie, prabu, vjbox.

Yes this is my own home Rajiv sir.

@vj_box i stay far from t nagar, I live in OMR after roll gate in Siruseri. So the guys from the city might charge for the transportation as well. I wish someone knew some ac places on OMR.

Regarding Lloyd Olga’s Godrej etc, I’m just wondering how their cooling efficiency will be as compared to the More known brands like Daikin or hitachi or Mitsubishi etc. Thinking twice before I make the plunge on a slightly lesser known brand. Btw copper is better or aluminium?

Well, for all we know I think they might give you free delivery since you are getting all 6 together. Do check with them.

Upvote 0