Air conditioner in Chennai.

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

Need 6 acs for my new home in Chennai.

1. Brand and quality? Any suggestions. They should be good and have a life of about 5-7 years.
2. Inverter AC. Yes or no?
3. Chennai members please help me in getting a good deal. Where can I buy them from.

Thanks guys. Regards.

Thanks. They have to be all split units. 4 in each bedroom and 2 in the living room.

Two bedroom ac will be on 365 days of the year for about 10-12 hours each day. The living room acs will be on occasionally ( meaning pretty much everyday ) for a couple of hours everyday in the afternoon till evening.

So is it worth getting inverter acs? Will there be enough power saving and bill saving to invest in them?

Mitsubishi. I’ve heard really good things about them. Are they really worth the price? How about blue star or hitachi or Daikin.

1. Brand and quality? Any suggestions. They should be good and have a life of about 5-7 years.
3. Chennai members please help me in getting a good deal. Where can I buy them from.

Thanks guys. Regards.

For your need, Inverter ACs are the way to go. I have been happy with Daikin and our recent ones have all been Daikin Inverter ACs. The latest one we got was from Rathna Fan House T.Nagar and they usually offer good deals and you can very well command for a good discount when taking all 6 together.

Thanks guys. Regards.

Hi

I would suggest since this is for your OWN new home, you need to get something which delivers performance and also ensures good after sales service...

Besides the top Brands of O General (You dont get them like before...built quality) , LG and Mitsubishi......I would strongly recommend to go for Whirilpool or Lloyd acs...these come with 100% pure copper coils and performance is stellar....look at their range of models and i am sure you can crack a good deal in Chennai for 6 acs....

I have a couple of friends in the AC business here in Mumbai and this is their honest feedback.........My inlaws place has Lloyd and its great!

Thanks guys yogi, Rajiv ,Eddie, prabu, vjbox.

Yes this is my own home Rajiv sir.

@vj_box i stay far from t nagar, I live in OMR after roll gate in Siruseri. So the guys from the city might charge for the transportation as well. I wish someone knew some ac places on OMR.

Regarding Lloyd Olga’s Godrej etc, I’m just wondering how their cooling efficiency will be as compared to the More known brands like Daikin or hitachi or Mitsubishi etc. Thinking twice before I make the plunge on a slightly lesser known brand. Btw copper is better or aluminium?

Wonder if central air conditioning could be possible. Worth checking out looking at your usage.
And, BTW, there's no brand by the name of O General. Though that's how General is commonly referred to. The error comes from the company logo on the left of the name. It looks like an "O" but it is actually a "G" in a circle :).

I would recommend Mitsubishi, General and Daikin in that order. For your living room where usage would be longer on a regular basis you can go for an inverter ac and for the bedrooms anything between the 3-5 star rated depending on usage, but definitely go for only the copper coil models in Chennai due to the humidity levels and proximity to the sea shore. Most of the newer models come with copper coil condensers. I'm not sure how they would charge you for delivery but Rathna Fan house or AC bazaar in T Nagar Pondy Bazaar area are your best bets. Not sure if there are many showrooms on OMR, in any case most of the larger stores would send the ACs from their warehouse/godown irrespective of showroom locations, unless of course they have storage in each showroom.

Rajiv sir, central ac is not possible I checked. That was my first thought.

Thanks @nitinsanand so it definitely will be copper. I'll check at the local stores at omr first then head to t nagar.

On a side note, I already have 6 Daikin ac installed in the house in Chennai. They are new and not used for 5 years as the house was empty and no one was living there. They are up for sale. Point to note. 5 years old but unused. Only local pickup in Chennai.

The new 6 acs will replace these 6 Daikin acs.

Inverter ac consume lesser power. But drawback is they need time to cool the room.
Inverter will be good for your rooms and normal ACs will be good for other places.
Have experienced both.

@vj_box i stay far from t nagar, I live in OMR after roll gate in Siruseri. So the guys from the city might charge for the transportation as well. I wish someone knew some ac places on OMR.

Regarding Lloyd Olga’s Godrej etc, I’m just wondering how their cooling efficiency will be as compared to the More known brands like Daikin or hitachi or Mitsubishi etc. Thinking twice before I make the plunge on a slightly lesser known brand. Btw copper is better or aluminium?

Well, for all we know I think they might give you free delivery since you are getting all 6 together. Do check with them.

Copper Coils much better than Aluminium ones for sure....if you already have existing Daikins which are 5 years plus, check which models they are...for all you know...these may have good 100% copper coils and maybe a good servicing will help in boosting their performance.....if these are real white elephants when it comes to electric consumption, then you may need to look at new ones...

The Lloyd cools very fast.....10-15 mins the room gets chilled up when running it on Turbo mode (22 degrees).

Ensure you read the specs of which ever brand you go for and dont make hasty decisions....

I'm mostly fixed on the Mitsubishi, since I own one in Mumbai and I like it.

General ac seems a lil too expensive and I don't know if the extra price over the Mitsubishi is worth it.

The rest, I dunno honestly.

So, how are the Mitsubishi ac's?

look at Voltas..

a couple of friends have reported well and i am considering them for my home too ( but later in the year )

besides - they are Made in India..

but - if you already have Daikins - a new daikin will be easy to fit at the same place

other brands may not have matching brackets..and the fitter may have to do some drilling..

Thanks mahesh. I did actually consider Voltas because the reviews are pretty good. However the mechanic who has done plenty of installations in the place where I live, knows the layout of the house pretty well, since he was hired by the builder to do the piping and plumbing. And in certain places the pipes are about 20-25 feet. He recommends only general or Mitsubishi because of the quality of the refrigerant and the length of the piping. He says other acs will fail to give adequate cooling because of the length of the pipes.

Hence the plan is to go with the Mitsubishi. The exact models I will get tomorrow. Will post them.

We have the Mitsubishi electric 2t (5* regular) and a General 2.5t inverter AC. Personal preference is Mitsubishi electric. Had recently picked a hitachi (5* inverter) and how I wish I’d picked the Mitsubishi instead. But yes, both these brands definitely stand out. Inverter ones are apparently prone to PCs failures and more so in places with power fluctuations. Ideal to use a stabilizer that regulates power.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back