AIR frequency

Subbu68

Could not locate AIR MW or SW frequency chart on Prasar Bharati website. Saw that it is digital now needing a DRM receiver to listen.

However, I could listen to AIR Ahmedabad 810kHz and Maitree 594 kHz on my radio and at Abu Dhabi?

So is AIR still broadcasting? If so what frequencies?

Those FMs residing in cities with AIR stations, could you please list the frequencies if the stations are operating?

The Kerala stations are accurately listed https://www.asiawaves.net/india/kerala-radio.htm

also - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_India_Radio

After looking through the list, i wonder if it makes sense for the government of India to start winding up AM transmissions. God knows how much of the tax payer's money can be saved. I was reading recently that it takes about 4,000,000 INR in electricity charges alone annually (imagine if the rest of the costs are added up) to keep the Alleppey medium wave transmistter running. Probably local FM and digital broadcasting is the way forward.

Here is Radio Australia shutting down its final shortwave broadcast. And they have been using modern equipment :)

Last edited:
Bengaluru Akashvani at 610 KHz AM is active. That's the only station I could get it with a loop antenna that came with the radio. Need to do a manual search and see if I get any more stations inside my apartment

Bengaluru Akashvani at 610 KHz AM is active. That's the only station I could get it with a loop antenna that came with the radio. Need to do a manual search and see if I get any more stations inside my apartment
In Chennai AIR broadcasts at 720 khz AM (Madras 1) and 1 more that I forgot. Haven't heard in some time - but was immensely useful during flood when we didn't have power and relied on this to know the extent of damage.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back