Air purifier

corElement

Since many of us have expensive gear and living in india - dust/pollution/smoke/bullshit is to be expected.
I didnt know such a device existed but apparently there are air purifying machines which can stay in ones room and use minimal electricity to do so.

Anyone here using one of those? Are they effective? Any brands you know which sell them? I'm keen on getting one because I live in a desertlike area.

I think I have seen similar product at LG/ samsung showroom at sec 18, Noida (oceanic plaza I guess).
Similar to what ACs claim to do - suck in the air with dirt and spit out cleaned air. Not sure how effective they are. They were priced around 20k iirc

somehow I doubt it'll be good for much other than pulling in dust into a net like an ac but with no cooling.

I kinda feel bad for whoever they're gonna send over for the demo to ggn. I probably wont even buy :( I'm too soft >_<

Hi JAMO King,

You are now interacting with an expert in this field. I, in fact, make a living out of air purification.

What is it that you have in mind ..... if not dust, as you rightly pointed out about the Eureka machines, then what? Is it odour or smoke or requirement of a good-feel environment only? You have to be specific here since the topic is very vast.

Elucidate, please.

This is something I have been considering a long time. Some time back I read about Sharp's air purifiers and read some very favorable articles about them. My communications with Sharp India yielded no results and was told that they were not available in India.

Recently I came across the products in a Sharp showroom here (Middle East) and bought one. It is called Plasmacluster and is said to be very effective and available in different sizes depending on the room size. Model FU-S51E-B is the model I bought which cost me around US$300. In my next visit home, I will try it out in my listening room.

cheers.
murali

What you would actually require is a set of particulate filters (90% down to 10 microns AND 90% down to 1 micron - for dust) and either activated carbon or KMnO4 impregnated alumina bed ... in series connected to a blower. This combination would give you the desired conditions you seek. No cigarette smoke or ash traces to be found ..... !

Since the above simple contraption is not available, go for the photocatalytic air purifier from Daikin India. It adopts a more complex technology, but that tech is proven too.

Don't know the pricing, but all Daikin goods are Xpensive .....

somehow I doubt it'll be good for much other than pulling in dust into a net like an ac but with no cooling.

I kinda feel bad for whoever they're gonna send over for the demo to ggn. I probably wont even buy :( I'm too soft >_<

How did the demo go?

good for the soft ....err, butter-soft guy ..... he wouldnt have bought ....

and why show the moon to the forbes guy .... its bloody too hot outside .... above 40 deg C .... how can one ask to come over for a meet in such obnoxious heat ......... its terrible in Delhi, more so in Gurgaon, I think ... a concrete jungle which should be hotter..

Back