Airtel delight offer

srikarkav

Hi Guys,

I am on Airtel Broadband unlimited 1Mbps plan. Today i got a mail from airtel offering me to double up my speed ie to 2Mbps and a free talk value on my phone for Rs100/- by just paying Rs100/- per month more on my usual bill.It seemed too good to to be true. So i contacted the Airtel customer service and they confirmed that it is indeed the case for limited customers.It could not have come at a better time for me as my WD TV Live is on its way from amazon;).

Any other Airtel useres here got the same offer? I am keeping my fingers crossed that i am not being led in to a sweet trap by Airetl.:rolleyes:

cheers,
sri

Hi,

All these private Internet providers, they do not give a single MB for free. Be very careful in dealing with these offers, if not now later they may create mess ups. For instance, TataIndicom's unlimited download plans have a limit of 70Gb/month :rolleyes: which is not revealed to the customers until they cross that 70Gb limit for that month. I get a call at the end of every month that I've crossed my limit, but they do not charge for the extra usage but just warn me not to exceed the limit, and I just don't care and continue, so far so good. So a similar catch may also be there with Airtel. So just be careful.

cheers

Hi,

I am paying 1699/- for the 1 Mbps unlimited. Yes there is a fair usage cap of 100GB for both 1 and 2 Mbps connections.If the limit is exceeded within your billing cycle the speed is halved up to the next bill date.No extra charges, other than the speed reduction,nothing is charged.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
I have the same 1Mbps plan and have got the similar offer. Are you sure there are no hidden charges?

:D srinivas i had the same doubt and talked to the customer care. I asked the girl three times about just paying Rs 100 for the double speed. I asked her thrice :) if it gives you any comfort. She assured me that it is indeed the case.
Why don't you call them and clear your doubts and post it here. If there are hidden costs warn me to bro.

cheers,
sri

Hi,

I am paying 1699/- for the 1 Mbps unlimited. Yes there is a fair usage cap of 100GB for both 1 and 2 Mbps connections.If the limit is exceeded within your billing cycle the speed is halved up to the next bill date.No extra charges, other than the speed reduction, is charged.

cheers,
sri

See with a 2Mbps connection you can download upto 8Gb/day, so by 12 days you consume 96Gb of data and the remaining 18 days you are stuck with low speeds. So there is no point going for a 2Mbps connection IMO. But if you'r getting at that cost, no problem.

cheers

Called the customer care. As you said there was this talk about this offer is for only selected customers. She did mention about the fair usage limit of 100GB per month. She said there will no other charges. I like Airtel because of there prompt service so i am planning to go ahead with this offer.

This offer from airtel is an indication of that the reduction of broadband prices is going to happen in the near future. I had upgaded from 512Kbps to 1Mpbs in a similar fashion. So probably 1Mpbs price is going to come down in the near future.

I also heard the Indian railways has started giving internet connections in certain areas of the city. They have amazing offers 1300 for 2Mbps unlimited. Though i am not sure about there service.

@ topic

Thnx for the information. I have checked on other forum also and a user with Value combo 749 also got the same offer. Sadly I havent got any mail from them. Currently I am using explorer 1099 plan. I wonder If I would get the offer If I manually call them and ask for it!!

Hi all,Why dont you guys go for BSNL. I am using BSNL 500 pack.It offers Speed up to 2mbps and night Unlimited from 2 to 8. I uaually end up downloading 3 to 3.5 GB per day from 2 to 8:licklips:.And there is no limit for unlimited downloading and no speed reduction also. In my area the quality of service is too good.

if they are not raising the Fair usage policy limit also, then this is a con job. You will be able to get a very minimal extra download capabilities.
Also, once you cross the usage limit, does your speed reduce from 2mbps to 1mbps or to 512kbps?

@ topic

Thnx for the information. I have checked on other forum also and a user with Value combo 749 also got the same offer. Sadly I havent got any mail from them. Currently I am using explorer 1099 plan. I wonder If I would get the offer If I manually call them and ask for it!!

Hello all,

i have the same 1099 plan and i got the mail. i opted for it and its been exactly 4 days (>96 hrs) and i haven't been activated yet. i have been calling the customer care and strangely i am on hold forever. :(

has anyone else been activated yet? i am still trying to contact CC.

If you have an Airtel mobile registered as your alternate contact number, try sending DELIGHT to 53636. My friend who did not get the invite did that and got the same response that I got saying "... will be activated in 96 hours...". It has not been activated yet for both of us, but just thought will let you guys know...

Will keep you updated as and when it gets activated or otherwise.

Cheers,
S.

I called customer care and they said, there is no such plan, and also confirmed that the plans and offers differ from North and South India.......Damm..:mad:I guess Airtel does not believe in "Hum Sab Eak Hai" :D

Last edited:
If you have an Airtel mobile registered as your alternate contact number, try sending DELIGHT to 53636. My friend who did not get the invite did that and got the same response that I got saying "... will be activated in 96 hours...". It has not been activated yet for both of us, but just thought will let you guys know...

Will keep you updated as and when it gets activated or otherwise.

Cheers,
S.

Generally the plan will be activated from the next billing cycle. I had similar issues when i upgraded from 512 to 1Mpbs. The Marketing team and Technical team are two different organizations in Airtel hence the problem.

Hi all,Why dont you guys go for BSNL. I am using BSNL 500 pack.It offers Speed up to 2mbps and night Unlimited from 2 to 8. I uaually end up downloading 3 to 3.5 GB per day from 2 to 8:licklips:.And there is no limit for unlimited downloading and no speed reduction also. In my area the quality of service is too good.

The problem with BSNL is long turn around times for any issue. Airtel has much better service. If you work from home quite often then you would want great service which BSNL at the moment does not seem to have. I have known incidents where it took around 3 days for BSNL to restore connections in certain areas. Even when there was a under water cable issue a year or two back, airtel still provided internet connectivity. So i will stick around with Airtel for the time being.

I am waiting for the Indian railways to become big. This surely make other players to reduce there prices massively.

just spoke to a CC executive. the minimum time of activation has been changed from 96 hours to 96 working hours and apparently that counts to 8th feb for them, from 29th of january.
:annoyed:

just spoke to a CC executive. the minimum time of activation has been changed from 96 hours to 96 working hours and apparently that counts to 8th feb for them, from 29th of january.
:annoyed:

Yes it sucks big time.They now say it is 96 working hours.ie 12 days:rolleyes:
I gave them a piece of my mind ofcourse.

cheers,
sri

I just called airtel to enquire about this offer. 1st CC dint have any idea of what I was talking about :D so she transferred my call. 2nd CC was also not sure so he again transferred my call. And then the 3rd CC told that this top up is only for plans which have low speed and wont be valid on EXPLORER 1099 plan (384 Kbps/1Mbps) though I am not sure whether this is the case or he was just bluffing!!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back