Airtel DTH - No sound with some channels

I will share the pic later - it is also a small black color model! It is a huawei stb. Make sure your STB firmware is up to date
My AVR plays back the sound. Are you trying to get the sound output in the TV?
Are both preferred audio on hdmi & preferred audio on spdif are set to - dolby digital plus & dolby digital respectively.

Last edited:
Gr8 same doesnt work with me, again mine as below
stb > avr hdmi input (marantz 5010)
avr hdmi arc output > tv hdmi input arc

mine is small stb black color model, can you pls share your stb pic, am too getting stb changed to see if this works and which avr you are using
See my prev post about STB
Denon x1200W.
I do not know if this affects sound in anyway, but is your AVR input for cbl/sat assigned as analog? I vaguely remember some such setting causing an issue, once I recollect, I will let you know.

Last edited:
I will share the pic later - it is also a small black color model! It is a huawei stb. Make sure your STB firmware is up to date
My AVR plays back the sound. Are you trying to get the sound output in the TV?
Are both preferred audio on hdmi & preferred audio on spdif are set to - dolby digital plus & dolby digital respectively.

As it is HDMI, sound output will come from tv and that is ok
I had tried keeping spdif and hdmi both preferred as DD+ but am trying with hdmi so i dont think any setting on spdif matters.
In AVR input CBL/SAT i am using other source (apple tv) will try removing it but not sure if that creates any issue.
Can you let me know your stb pic and firmware update

Thanks for all info

As it is HDMI, sound output will come from tv and that is ok
I have used the viera link option on my TV to set the sound to home theatre only. No sound is output on my TV. Can you try this?
As far as I know the issue of playing only stereo channel happens when your TV cant handle DD,DTS etc with its internal speakers but can output them through SPDIF or HDMI ARC.

I had tried keeping spdif and hdmi both preferred as DD+ but am trying with hdmi so i dont think any setting on spdif matters.
Agreed it does not matter how spdif is set, but sometimes these settings are quirky. (Earlier versions of VLC for 5.1 pass through you had to check spdif when available for audio to be passed through.)

Attachments

• STB front.jpg
    STB front.jpg
    717.1 KB · Views: 5
  • STB rear.jpg
    STB rear.jpg
    968.6 KB · Views: 5
I have used the viera link option on my TV to set the sound to home theatre only. No sound is output on my TV. Can you try this?
As far as I know the issue of playing only stereo channel happens when your TV cant handle DD,DTS etc with its internal speakers but can output them through SPDIF or HDMI ARC.

Agreed it does not matter how spdif is set, but sometimes these settings are quirky. (Earlier versions of VLC for 5.1 pass through you had to check spdif when available for audio to be passed through.)

Will try viera link option, about internal tv speakers, if it can’t handle then still it should output via hdmi arc which is not happening in my case. Also my stb is different

Attachments

• D50A5CE9-6301-40F7-8651-9D4308FC0D24.jpeg
    D50A5CE9-6301-40F7-8651-9D4308FC0D24.jpeg
    576.9 KB · Views: 3
Will try viera link option, about internal tv speakers, if it can’t handle then still it should output via hdmi arc which is not happening in my case. Also my stb is different
If you set your AVR input as Cbl/Sat or Aux the AVR will output sound only from that source. I do not think it will use sound from TV ARC.

After chasing long and argument with Airtel, again got their engineer visited me and now conclusion is
Airtel new android box is able to give me sound when in STB we select Audio Settings > HDMI > Dolby Audio & Dolby Audio Plus
But when select previous versions HD+ stb but no sound, their say is all versions prior to android box has open source hdcp which might be getting blocked by marantz wherein new android box has hdcp licensed or something which is getting accepted by marantz

So anyone can advice on above gyan, am gonna also call up marantz support to visit me if possible and also call airtel guy together and see.

Thanks

So final closure here, as per Marantz team, SR5011 is with hdcp which is blocking open source stb and so not getting sound from stb when dolby is selected over hdmi and same will work in airtel android internet box as it is hdcp compliant.

Hello All,

My Airtel digital TV (STB with DVR) is connected Samsung UHD 4k 8 Series TV, via Marantz SR7011. The issue with this there is no audio with some channels (ex: Zee Kannada, Star Suvarna, Sony Mix and others). STB is connected to AVR (HDMI) and AVR out is connected to TV's ARC port (HDMI).

* Airtel guys have tried hard and replaced STB, it didn't help.
* Even if I bypass AVR or use passthrough, no change.
* Strangely, If I select the channel in which audio is not working, switch of AVR and allow passthrough, wait for a minute, audio works on those channels, then I can switch AVR on, the audio continues. But all others channels go on mute. Again I've to select other channel do the same exercise.
* Tried changing the HDMI cables, didn't help.

And also I need the Remote preset code for this airtel STB remote, to work with Marantz SR7011(RC031SR) remote

Please help me to resolve.

Thanks,
KBS

Go to
Manu
Settings
User General settings
Audio
hange to dolby digital
And save by clicking blue button

Now you will get audio

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back