Airtel v-fiber

square_wave

Hey folks, I have been using Airtel broadband for a while and I was thinking of moving to ACT due to speed issues. Last week, Airtel called and said they are now upgrading everyone to some v-fiber modem and I can get a free modem and all that. I stay in Koramangala area. Anyone got any dope on this ? Should I make the move or move to ACT ? Research on the net gives mixed information.

I have been using the V-Fibre since a year and I get speeds between 30-32 Mbps with almost unlimited downloading as they carry forward the unused data to the next month... For 900+ taxes, it is quite good... Just check with the Airtel people, what speed your area gets as they say it is upto 40Mbps but depending on the nearest exchange server, the speed may vary..

Generally V-fiber is VDSL and is also asymmetric i.e. the download speeds are as advertised the uploads rarely touch 2-3 mbps. If they are offering VDSL please ask for the maximum speed available at your location. Further in case it fulfills your requirements then you can stay with Airtel. For 1080p for each device streaming you will be needing around 6-7 mbps and 4k streaming obviously around 25 mbps and if more no. of connections are used simultaneously then you need to multiply it the required no. of times. In gurgaon area spectranet is offering 1 gbps speed in our society with fibre to home and truly unlimited downloads, cost is around 800 pm. With Airtel anther benefit is that you also get the phone and unlimited phone calls too. Decide as per your requirements.

Have both v-fiber and ACT. The ACT connection is better in every way - better reliability, consistency in speeds, very high bandwidth caps (I almost never hit them) and almost nil downtime. Only issue with ACT is that you are behind a firewall and do not have a public IP.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back