Aktimate mini or Audioengine 5 or other 2.1

arhantd

Hi
Been around this forum for a while i realised, i dont really need
amp+ stereo setup for my 320 kpbs and other mp3 kind of music.

convinced that such a setup would be overkill i decided to go for
good PC speakers as my use is mainly music and some moveis for a near field use.

as stated in the title my options are -

Aktimate Mini - Rs. 28000 with 1 yr warranty

Audioengine 5 - 20000 with no warranty
Audioengine 5 - 1 month used from a fellow member here for about 15500

Or the other option is to go back to my Klipsch 2.1 setup or similar ones from edifier or razer or bose!

My source would be the PC with a DAC like nuForce Udac or similar in 5-6000 range.
I really need to decide very quickly and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

PS: I spoke to the audioengine dealer in mumbai and he told me he cannot offer any warranty as he has surrendered the dealership and currently there is no dealer for India. Does anyone here know of any other place to contact for a proper deal on Audioengines?

Hi:

My vote would be for AE5. The used route is a very good option considering a new AE5 is also going to be without any warranty.

Having said that, send mail to our SuperModerator (Anil) who also owns HiFiMART.com, he might help in getting AE5 with warranty because he is doing exactly the same for my AE2.

:)

I have heard the Aktimate and the Audioengine in the same showroom...there was no comparison, the Aktimate won by miles. The AE sounded like a toy after the Aktimate.

thanks everybody for chipping in with their comments.

@Dr.Bass
I have been generally lead to believe that the Aktimate is better,but i have no place in Jaipur where i can audition either.
If possible could you describe the two a little more. That will be great!

Everybody i have ordered the Aktimate Minis.
They should reach me by 6-7 of march.
If anybody is interested i could write my experience with it.

Thanks for the replies.

Where did you order them from and how much ?

@Bottle, I ordered from Alliance 4 India, Mumbai
They are the official distributors listed on the Aktimate website.
MRP is 32000, i got it for 28000 after discount.

^ Thanks :) Please do post impressions once you get them on your hands, was toying with the idea of upgrading my A2's

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back