Need advice for buying first AVR - Denon X2700H or Marantz SR5015 or Marantz SR6014

:) My point was whether they will use original sale price or will they calculate the value of the product in India. I have heard stories where they insisted on valuing it at Indian prices rather than purchase price. Also will they levy duty over and above 50K or on the whole value?

I already got the SR6014.
Bans, bro, am sorry for the late reply on the other thread.
The 6014 is as good.
Trust you have set it up well, and been enjoying it.
Lot of Marantz owners out here, and i am sure it will serve you well.

:) My point was whether they will use original sale price or will they calculate the value of the product in India. I have heard stories where they insisted on valuing it at Indian prices rather than purchase price. Also will they levy duty over and above 50K or on the whole value?
Usually, if you have the bill, they will calculate in your purchase price. If the bill seems too low to be genuine, they will then look at Indian prices or the normal online prices of your country of purchase.

Bans, bro, am sorry for the late reply on the other thread.
The 6014 is as good.
Trust you have set it up well, and been enjoying it.
Lot of Marantz owners out here, and i am sure it will serve you well.
No worries bro.

I haven’t received it yet. My brother was supposed to be coming to India at the end of the year but it seems that his plans are getting postponed by 3-4 months. I don’t think I’ll be getting that AVR anytime soon.

I’m now contemplating buying one from locally if I can get a decent deal and then figure out what to do with the second AVR when I actually get it.

Hi. I am trying to put together my first home theatre and am a little confused about what AVR to buy.

The setup will be in my living room which is roughly 16 feet x 14 feet. 16 feet concrete wall behind the Tv (extends further to a passageway). 16 feet concrete wall opposite the Tv. The back of the sofa is touching the wall. Right side of the room side is roughly 2 feet of pillars and 12 feet of glass window/door. The fourth side is 10 feet concrete wall and four feet open passageway. the open passageway will begin about 2-4 feet to the left of FL speaker. I have a 55" Samsung Crystal 4K Tv from 2020. No plans to upgrade the TV and no plans to add a projector as of now. I am mostly just looking to upgrade to better sound. I currently have a Samsung 5.1.2 soundbar.

I don't yet have any speakers but a friend has offered to give me a pair of KEF Q350's that he doesn't use anymore. I will initially run a 2.0 setup and starting looking for another Q350 or a Q650C for the centre and gradually upgrade to 5.x or 5.x.2. I'm not sure if i will be getting a sub or not. If the speakers provide enough bass then i might skip the sub.

I will be ordering the AVR from Ireland and have narrowed it down to these 3 based on my budget. The X2700H is 56000 brand new, SR6015 is 64000 brand new and SR5015 is 72000 open box.

Based on my research, SR5015 is the Marantz version of X2700H and the only major difference is that Marantz has pre-outs. Is that correct? if so, is it worth spending the extra 16000.
The SR6014 is supposedly a better amp has a better version of room correction but does not have HDMI 2.1. If i don't do any gaming, do i need HDMI 2.1?
Another option is Marantz NR1711 for about 60000 and i really like the small size but i am not sure if it will be enough power. On most forums, the majority opinion is to go for a full size AVR.

I'm leaning towards the SR6014 as it seems the best value to me. Will this be the best option out of these three?

All 3 come with standard warranty from an authorised offline dealer in Ireland. In case something goes wrong, it will be possible for me send it back for a warranty claim.
In India, i am getting a Denon 550BT for about 60000 and the Denon S760 for about 75-80000. The X1700H is about 100000 and out of my budget. Considering the savings, should i get it from overseas or is it better to have local warranty?
I have a Marantz PM7005 stereo amplifier and cannot use my ELAC subwoofer with it because it does not have preouts. There is no telling for what purpose you will need preouts. You ofcourse have a sub out in the AVR.

I have a Marantz PM7005 stereo amplifier and cannot use my ELAC subwoofer with it because it does not have preouts. There is no telling for what purpose you will need preouts. You ofcourse have a sub out in the AVR.
There is a way but need some additional arrangement.

Headphone out has too much gain and need to step down with ext pre or keep very low volume on SW. Now don't know if second option us correct as SW input can be fed specific amount of gain.

Technical Experts please comment.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back