All Liveline now

prem

Finally upgraded my speaker cables from Rethm to Acoustic System Liveline. So now its a complete Liveline loom - Powercords, interconnects and speaker cables.

Too early to say. At the outset the Liveline speaker cables appear to be a bit more fluid. For the price difference it better at least do that. It needs about 150 hrs to break in. Its a wait and watch.

Would be interesting to wait and See this. I have often wondered on this..ie would a full Loom of any 1 cable make a complete system synergy than "best of breed" for each.
theoretically it should not as in some strange way (!), the components Isolate the cables from each other, but there must be some synergy as all the cables would have the same philosophy...

would be really interested in this !

The Rethm speaker cable is definitely not the best in its category. The reason i bought it is because the speaker cable has a lot of synergy with his speaker. I have no idea how it will sound with another speaker. Franck Tchang and Jacob George have similar voicing preferences. Which is why i went for Liveline cable. IME Liveline cables outperform Rethm cables. At least thats been my experience with the power cables and the interconnects.

Normally i prefer using all power cables from one company. Previously i had all Lessloss. Before that all Blacksands. Before that all JPS.

Arj, this is the second time i am trying it in the last 20 years. Once i went with complete JPS. It was a complete disaster. After that i swore never to try it again. But the Livelines really seem to work well in my system. So i have gone for it again. The Livelines really work well with Esoteric and DCS front ends. Franck Tchang personally uses the Scarlatti rack.

Prem,
I genuinely wish that an all Liveline cable approach would make your system work in the optimal and best way.

I confess that compared to folks like you, I have very limited experience mostly because I have had to work with a limited budget. However, within my limited scope, I have observed a few things.

Assuming that the cables are otherwise satisfactory, they provide a certain voicing to the sonics and hence their choice will depend on the synergy and complementarity between the CDP and the amp and then between the amp and the speakers, depending on the tonal balance the listener is after. If the electronics (CDP and amp) and speakers are generally from different brands, it is not likely that all power cords, ICs and speaker cables from the same brand will necessarily work in the most optimal way. There is of course a chance that these will work out in the best way. But if my understanding is correct, this will be more an accident than a logical conclusion.

Regards.

Last edited:
Prem,
I genuinely wish that an all Liveline cable approach would make your system work in the optimal and best way.

I confess that compared to folks like you, I have very limited experience mostly because I have had to work with a limited budget. However, within my limited scope, I have observed a few things.

Assuming that the cables are otherwise satisfactory, they provide a certain voicing to the sonics and hence their choice will depend on the synergy and complementarity between the CDP and the amp and then between the amp and the speakers, depending on the tonal balance the listener is after. If the electronics (CDP and amp) and speakers are generally from different brands, it is not likely that all power cords, ICs and speaker cables from the same brand will necessarily work in the most optimal way. There is of course a chance of that these will work out in the best way. But if my understanding is correct, this will be more an accident than a logical conclusion.

Regards.

hi Asit,

the world, as we (all of us) see it is aspirational - and no one thing will satisfy one for more than 232 days - impossible.

WE MUST TRY EVERYTHING - ALL THE INCREMENTAL THINGS- EVEN A 2% PERCENT IMPROVEMENT - IS EVERYTHING.

regds
shershah

Last edited:
Hi shershah-ji,
I understand your point and agree with the view that all possibilities of differential increments should be considered and explored, if one has the energy and the means. I also think, based on what prem has already written about his previous speaker cable, that his new Liveline cable will improve the sonics. However, I was commenting on a different thing about using the same brand of cables in all the places, namely, ICs, speaker cables and power cords. For every pair of equipments there must exist one or more optimal cabling, but this optimality may differ as the pair changes (e.g, from CDP-amp to amp-speakers), keeping in view the overall sonics.

Regards.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back