All That Jazz ...

Not clear what this is:
BLUE GIANT 『SUPREME』『EXPLORER』『MOMENTUM ...

Does this compilation also figure in the Anime in addition to the Hiromi soundtrack?

Not clear what this is:
BLUE GIANT 『SUPREME』『EXPLORER』『MOMENTUM ...

Does this compilation also figure in the Anime in addition to the Hiromi soundtrack?
Blue Giant Supreme is the sequel to Blue Giant. It hasn't been adapted into an anime yet. This playlist contains the iconic jazz standards that the characters in the manga are seen listening to or practising with.

Anything new you guys are listening to? Something from lets say 2020+ I have been trying to find some new Jazz music - nothing has hit the spot yet.

Anything new you guys are listening to? Something from lets say 2020+ I have been trying to find some new Jazz music - nothing has hit the spot yet.

EDN1214_KeysToTheKingdom_Packshot_3-Digitalpackshot.jpg

3997742-2732773.jpg

MzgtMjA1MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Have you checked out the Blue Note Re:Imagined series? Basically, Blue Note called on the brightest stars from the current UK jazz scene to reinterpret famous tunes from their catalogue. The first volume was released in 2020, and the second in 2022. They're both really good IMO.

As for albums, these are some of my favs since 2020:
Jaubi - Nafs at Peace
Floating Points & Pharoah Sanders - Promises
Embryo - Auf Auf
Nala Sinephro - Space 1.8
Makaya McCraven - In These Times
Idris Ackamoor & The Pyramids - Shaman!
Atlantis Jazz Ensemble - Celestial Suite
William Parker - Migration of Silence Into and Out of the Tone World
Nduduzo Makhathini - In the Spirit of Ntu
Natural Information Society - Since Time Is Gravity
Vijay Iyer - Uneasy
Matthew Halsall - An Ever Changing View

This one is the ‘newest’ album I’ve heard recently, released last year.
Also mentioning it as I had erroneously stated that it was an electronic big band in a previous post, based on a few samples I heard prior to buying. My bad!
All acoustic lineup, but the music is electric :)

IMG_0897.jpegIMG_0973.jpeg

Thank you for the videos coaltrain!
I just dived in to vinyl world couple of months back and started collecting all the album dear to me . Most of them I already have in CD & Hi res format but it’s a whole new experience.
I feel like expressing my listening experience here as and when I spin my new finds..

Cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back