All That Jazz ...

Jerry Granelli is the last surviving member of the original group led by Vince Guaraldi that played the the soundtrack for the iconic television broadcast "A Charlie Brown Christmas" back in 1965

a3615648750_10.jpg

An interesting backstory https://metalinjection.net/av/new-m...zz-black-sabbath-album-youve-been-waiting-for

Spent a couple of hours this Sunday sorting out my Blue Note catalogue. Not exactly thrilling work, but it helped pass the extra time on my hands these days :)
Posting here, in case it can help some of you discover new albums.

Note: The dotted entries are albums by other artistes. For eg: Andrew Hill also appears on Bobby Hutcherson’s Dialogue.

Attachments

• BlueNote.pdf
    164.4 KB · Views: 19
I find Mal Waldron and Tommy Flanagan"s (recent discovery, thanks to "All that Jazz") version of this tune very mellow and sombre. I see it has been covered by so many other Jazz greats as well.

Last edited:
Hi @coaltrain

I have accelerando and Bird calls but Vijay Iyer...Far from over will be in my shopping list but will be a long time before I get it

Am not into streaming

Thanks for the reccos !

Also check out an older album by Iyer, Blood Sutra, which has Rudresh on alto.

As a temporary fix, sign up at mp3million.com for $30. Download the albums in mp3 format and burn to cd. The sq Is decent and should do till you can get the original. Tons of obscure albums available too.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back