All That Jazz ...

I started with Miles and it put me in a mood and have stayed with Oscar Peterson till now. I will move onto something else now. hmm let's see

May I recommend some Roy Hargrove ...

R-4227508-1359114802-6269.jpeg.jpg

Ok so let’s get nuts during Covid times. Sure you must have seen the what’s app post about “energy and gratitude” at 5 pm tomorrow by clapping hands, clanging and all the impressive ancient “science” around it.

Let us be cooler! So perhaps let’s play the classic cool jazz album synchronised from 8.30 pm today - Miles Davis Kind of Blue. (I am saying this as it is a common album, very accessible and possibly in every jazz list of top albums).

If mood permits follow up with Time out (Brubeck) if we can. And shape of jazz to come (Coleman). If last is too extreme, Mingus Ah Um.

Should listen to full albums.
Wow hadn’t read this but coincidentally was playing this at about 9 pm ...and then I buzzed off to sleep.

May I recommend some Roy Hargrove ...

R-4227508-1359114802-6269.jpeg.jpg

Thanks Nikhil. I really like Oscar's playing but my experience so far is limited to a few albums where his playing takes center stage. Good to hear him like this as a part of a team, sometimes tip toeing around the other players and at others in front. I am enjoying it.

Don’t have the above CDs. Also, I am stuck in the 1940s to late 60s jazz
Miles Davis and Sonny Rollins - Bag Groove

R-2311979-1555004656-8268.jpeg.jpg
what a line up. I don’t think I have this Cd. Will do my bit for the beleaguered world economy

Today I may steer off jazz, and heretical in this chat group, think perhaps a Rachmaninov day. Many of it is like a movie score.

Track 3 on side 1, Hold on, I"m Coming, everybody does their solos and lastly enters the abrasive, jagged, guitar solo by Sonny Sharrock. For a moment, you might think the teeth in your turntables gear assembly (a new word in my vocabulary :) ) are powerfully clunking along and20200324_121719.jpg turning to make this sound. The year was 1969 and there were a lot of fantastic rock acts around but still this bit of guitaring seems brash and inventive for the time.

Track 3 on side 1, Hold on, I"m Coming, everybody does their solos and lastly enters the abrasive, jagged, guitar solo by Sonny Sharrock. For a moment, you might think the teeth in your turntables gear assembly (a new word in my vocabulary :) ) are powerfully clunking along andView attachment 44798 turning to make this sound. The year was 1969 and there were a lot of fantastic rock acts around but still this bit of guitaring seems brash and inventive for the time.

Great album! Thanks for sharing.

Charles Mingus - some very nicely recorded stuff - quite enjoyable really..

I wish all of you and your near and dear ones - safe days ahead.

Lets do this together !!

220px-Mingus-ChangesOne.jpg
Changes_Two.jpg

Duke Ellington - Masterpieces. This really is a masterpiece. It's one of the first 33rpm records and has beautiful recordings from The Duke. They sound wonderful and hard to believe they are over 70 year old.

I have the spotify link

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back