All That Jazz ...

Just off Arturo Sandoval concert. Whew! Man he plays hot. Any Bombay jazz guys visited? Next time together?

Just off Arturo Sandoval concert. Whew! Man he plays hot. Any Bombay jazz guys visited? Next time together?

Yes, I was there too but missed meeting you Vivek. High energy stuff and never a dull moment. Loved the use of Dizzie Gillespie phrases in almost every song. And the banter :) (presume you mean the Septet concert, not the fusion of the second day)

Yes, next time together.

Cheers

Many of us oldies remerber this band during the jazz fusion days. Was surprised to see him still going strong.
Cheers

1577339327612.png

If you like Jazz this will blow you away.

Musicians:
McCoy Tyner, piano
Ron Carter, bass
Jon Henderson, tenor saxophone
Al Foster, drums

"This is one profoundly natural-sounding presentation of an acoustic jazz quartet. New York Reunion is the finest album in years by both Tyner and Henderson, and it's Chesky's most important work to date." - CD Review

Recorded using a specially modified microphone with all tube MANLEY REFERENCE electronics
by David Manley from Vacuum Tube Logic of America.

Produced by David Chesky.
Recorded by Bob Katz.
Recorded at RCA Studio A, New York City on April 3 & 4, 1991.

One more jazz concert here in mumbai.. Seems funhttps://in.bookmyshow.com/events/jim-porto-my-brazilian-suingue/ET00119524

Marcus Miller, bassist who played with Miles Davis in his later recordings, goes over songs from "Kind of Blue" and shares some anecdotes and trivia about time spent with Davis. For beginners like me, it's a good watch and to get a nice insight to the album "Kind of Blue".

What a great assortment of greats. Surprised to see Collins here, but his groove runs deep. Carter smokes the joint.

surprised about Phil Collins too. Used to like his voice. Couple of nice songs in album No Jacket required. Next album was 'But Seriously'. Magnasound released the cassette in late 80s. I desperately tried to get it but could not. Now I dont bother. Now on internet so much music to explore. Searched Phil collins Jazz and came this.
Jazz is little strange genre for musically illiterate like me. What do we have ? smooth Jazz, Swinging jazz, Jazz vocal, I read somewhere about funky jazz too. There is disco Jazz by Rupa Biswas. But exploring music is good thing and I dont bother about genres. Listen to what I like.
Regards.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back