All That Jazz ...

6772EBB3-FA9B-4E7F-9B4F-AB06F9CAE037.jpeg

“For those who like their jazz hard, loud, filled with killer chops and intricate writing, the 2010 New Universe Music Festival was like manna from heaven.” - AllAboutJazz

“This is human music in a mechanized age” - Jimmy Herring

“You will hear the kind of complicity that exists between us all – this is a very special element, and frankly essential for making good music.” - John McLaughlin

“Play this loud, in the high 80s dB.” - Myself

Details:
http://label.abstractlogix.com/?p=623

Last edited by a moderator:
How interesting. I designed the logo, this CD cover and other merch for the festival — haven’t seen this in nearly a decade. Thanks for the little memory jog! Must pull out the album and give it a spin.

That’s great to know, @Orko! Surely it seems like a well-publicised/marketed/reviewed event and album. So much must have gone into it.

Have you done it for some other albums? Would like to view and listen to get an idea of your work and style. Thanks.

Roy Hargrove's Crisol - Habana

R-498530-1491406889-6305.jpeg.jpg

I must confess that I am not extremely knowledgeable about Jazz or its technical nuances. Although my exposure in listening to Jazz has been for 10+ years but I still feel I don't yet understand the style well enough. I have always had a liking for Bill Evans and recently I have been obsessing about his music. Waltz for Debby and Moon Beams are two albums I have constantly on my playlist. I wanted to know the man and his style better and started searching for his interviews. This particular one is really a visceral experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwXAqIaUah

An absolute gem of an artist and I am elated to see him talk so much from the heart. I am sure my journey with his music and so many more Jazz greats will continue.

PS: In case this interview has already been posted on the forum, do ignore the repost. Cheers

An absolute gem of an artist and I am elated to see him talk so much from the heart. I am sure my journey with his music and so many more Jazz greats will continue.

Great share Kartick. Bill Evans is fantastic.

CAn
I must confess that I am not extremely knowledgeable about Jazz or its technical nuances. Although my exposure in listening to Jazz has been for 10+ years but I still feel I don't yet understand the style well enough. I have always had a liking for Bill Evans and recently I have been obsessing about his music. Waltz for Debby and Moon Beams are two albums I have constantly on my playlist. I wanted to know the man and his style better and started searching for his interviews. This particular one is really a visceral experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwXAqIaUah

PS: In case this interview has already been posted on the forum, do ignore the repost. Cheers

Hi, i would like to hear it,if its available for download in Hi-Res format,can u give me a pointer...

Regards

I keep coming back to this lady:

She is a force to reckon with. Amazing prowess and throw in her voice. My favourite is Grownlin Dan. Every time I hear that track, I am like woah, where did that growl and grunt come from!! I have been wanting to get her vinyls but these are probably going for more money than usual new Jazz titles/acts such as GoGo Penguin. Even TRC was carrying one of the titles and the price was northwards of 4K INR.

Anyone listened to GoGo Penguin's latest 10" yet? It is called Ocean in a drop. The artwork for this title is really cool.
new-ep-from-go-go-penguin..jpeg

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back