All That Jazz ...

International Jazz Day 2020 to Take Place Virtually; Global Concert Hosted by Herbie Hancock to Feature Performances by Artists Across the Globe:

View attachment 45456
Pulled out one of the first Jazz records that drew me into Jazz appreciation. Given my love for the Blues, I naturally gravitated to this record.
Listening to these tunes again, giving me goosebumps all over again!

+1
One of my favourite Coltrane albums. You may also like these from his Atlantic period:

B10151A7-A97C-4B10-A376-EFBC7AEE2136.jpeg4AF511F0-86A6-41A1-BE85-4FD49A9AB1A0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so here goes. From one of my favourite albums “Way out west” by Sonny Rollins. With Ray Brown and Shelly Manne.
iconic cover.

1588435705759.jpeg

In the first song “I am an old cowhand” I love the humming of Brown and speaking out the drums solo by Manne. Alas my system is not revealing enough to get this but through headphones I can have magic. Maybe you will enjoy it too.

No Jayant, I am not going there below. My short hands don’t reach my pocket so crazily thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No Jayant, I am not going there below. My short hands don’t reach my pocket so crazily thanks!!
:D
You're made of sterner stuff than I am!
Would be really cool if anyone on this thread/forum owned an ERC record and posted pictures and reviews/audio clips. A drool worthy, intense jealousy inducing post that would be!

Clapton: "I'm just doing this (playing the blues) till I get a gig in a jazz band."

Regarding the Daversa Big Band, I find very fascinating the way they have transposed (in a manner of speaking) out and out rock tunes into the very different dialect of jazz.

Another fascinating interpretation of classic Beatles tunes is by the Italian duo of Petra Magoni and Ferruccio Spinnetti (check out their sparse yet powerful version of Eleanor Rigby).

Brilliant thanks a lot for sharing,even after 40 years of listening to Eric Clapton every second day I still love his music and Wayton Marsalias is pretty good too.
Cheers

One of my all-time fav movies and actors!
Everyone knows the MI theme, but this is my favourite Lalo score.
Almost impossible to find the original soundtrack anywhere. This one I picked up second hand at Amoeba, and it only has three tracks from the film itself.
42EFA7EB-6C96-4BBB-B090-FD20BD378E70.jpeg

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back