All That Jazz ...

F9EC1350-6A1F-49D3-BA46-48A7428F68E8.jpeg
C8E515E9-DCC4-49A4-AC01-7FDF435DCD60.jpeg

Some of the happiest and smoothest west coast jazz. I'm also reliving happy childhood memories of the Charlie Brown TV show - although the Vince Guaraldi trio is a lot more than the popular Charlie Brown tunes.
Box set of 4 records that is a must have if such music is your thing.

Nice
Thanks , actually I was lucky to have witnessed an almost identical concert in San Francisco last year by the same 4 musicians ,and it was mind blowing.
Nice. I saw them without Levy at a small club in Melbourne sometime ago.

They still have the chops, the 2018 concert is superb.

A touch of Mahavishnu Orchestra ,Eric Johnson and Allan Holdsworth.

Last edited:
I saw Chalie Hunter Trio play more than 15 years ago in SF. I had purchased this CD after the show and found it recently when I was unpacking my boxes of CDs. Interesting guitarist..he plays an 8-string on some tracks and plays both the bass lines and lead simultaneously. Very funky and melodic. Check this out if you haven't yet.

1611416186601.png

20210124_210457.jpg
"Naturally, Clifford and Max wanted Harold to return, but they had to settle for a consolation prize in the form of replacement Sonny Rollins.

Lydia Land claims fate stepped in more ominously at that time. “If Harold had not come back when he did, he probably would have been in that car with Brownie. He and Brownie always drove together.” The incident she is referring to happened June 26,1956. Brownie and pianist Richie Powell, Bud’s brother, were driving to Chicago when their car veered off the road killing both men. Brown was 26; Powell, 25."

From my earlier post...

Clifford Brown & Max Roach Live at the Bee Hive, Nov 7th, 1955 (released in the 70s)

"It"s just a blowing' date" Max said. and what a blowin' session it must have been. Sonny Rollins happened to be in Chicago and sat in for this session.

Last edited:
Let's all get matching sweaters printed for the photoshoot. Somebody said the album is "a touch lightweight but enjoyable enough". Personally,20210129_205002.jpg i find it very enjoyable. I also heard a jazz critic mention about the musical tension that lies with most blue note music as opposed to plain vanilla beautiful jazz. I do not disagree with that thought.

Last edited:
I don't know how I missed this Gem earlier.Probalbly Coltrane needed a master composer like Duke Ellington to inspire him.

Last edited:
Back