All That Jazz ...

Manfred Kirchheimer’s documentary Free Time is a delightful visual feast on the quotidian lives of the ordinary people of NY city in the 60s …as a reviewer puts it “the camera’s gaze is fond, not forensic”…I am putting it for the music though …Bach, Ravel, Count Basie, Hanns Eisler….it’s delightful….
Wondering where to watch

Many reasons not to buy: no turntable, no money and I already have the 3 CD box set that was released years ago.
I’ll wait for your review! :)
Many reasons to buy - I count 5 beyond the 3 you own! This is also releasing as an 8 CD set with the entire recordings across all 4 days :)

Ha ha! The commentary in the last few pages is pure gold!

This album stands on it's own as a fantastic piano jazz album.
But if you are a Western Classical music fan then this elevates to something special.

500x500.jpg

Good day, see what arrived via post (and no customs)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 11.56.35 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 11.56.35 AM.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 11.53.59 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 11.53.59 AM (1).jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 11.53.59 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-05 at 11.53.59 AM.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Really appreciate it.

@Jayant_S
Tbh, 3 CDs are enough. The only time I’ve been ok with multiple versions of the same track is on the Plugged Nickel set from Miles. This feels like they’re milking a cash cow :)

@Sushant Sharma
I bought the 12” copies over 20 years ago. Unfortunately, they’re out of print now. The hardcover version we own has both Volume 1 and 2 of the larger edition. So, more photos, but smaller ones.

@sydney
What a fantastic box! Great buy, mate :)
May I enquire where you purchased this from?

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Really appreciate it.

@Jayant_S
Tbh, 3 CDs are enough. The only time I’ve been ok with multiple versions of the same track is on the Plugged Nickel set from Miles. This feels like they’re milking a cash cow :)

@Sushant Sharma
I bought the 12” copies over 20 years ago. Unfortunately, they’re out of print now. The hardcover version we own has both Volume 1 and 2 of the larger edition. So, more photos, but smaller ones.

@sydney
What a fantastic box! Great buy, mate :)
May I enquire where you purchased this from?
Importcds.com
Its still available. Took about a month for delivery

Importcds.com
Its still available. Took about a month for delivery

Thanks, Sydney.
I have most of these; rather, was looking at alternatives to Amazon uk and us.
One month delivery and no customs duty sounds very appealing!

Hey this is a nice review. And instant gratification - I heard Blue Ballads and yes there were a couple of avantgarde squawks but it was just lovely for a Saturday afternoon.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back