All That Jazz ...

After suffering from a stroke ,Pat Martino had to relearn guitar playing by listening to his old records and this is an example what he has learned back.Superb playing by the 3 man band.

Big bands and string arrangments on jazz I usually shy away from. But then, I'd have to contradict myself since I like Sketches of Spain too. This album comprises of beautiful ballads and as mentioned in the small write up on the album (link underneath), the string section takes minimal space and is not too intrusive. The cover art is nothing to talk about.

It was such a pleasure listening to his views on music and life.And of course to hear him sing here.

Last edited:
Jazz standards played by a Big Band. Amazing sound!

wybgmp-bigbandsca-preview-m3.jpg

2 relatively lesser known tenor saxophonists.
The Quebec is pretty interesting as it collects all the 45 rpm records he made for the jukebox market! Grooving, danceable music.

View attachment 64585View attachment 64586
Love me some Ike Quebec, personally for me, his full tone and the slow ballad like stuff is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Was listening to Billie Holiday last night and Angelina Jordan’s version of ‘Gloomy Sunday’ came to mind.
Not sure if this has been posted before, and I’m sure many here would already have seen this, but worth revisiting:

There are a few jazz fans on the forum whom I have had the pleasure of meeting over the years. I have met a few forum members with outstanding music in this genre - be it 60's classics or modern European jazz. Jazz and audio seems to go hand in hand with even casual audio enthusiasts having a couple of albums in their collection. It would be nice if some of you could share your recommendations for jazz music.

Let's hope we can get a nice collection of Jazz recommendations on here.

** For those checking in late here is the Youtube playlist of all the music shared on this thread:
** https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKW91nNDh0sifjlwBq60T5X3BmOn2-EYu

Regards.

Oi Nikki. Fancy this! You're a moderator here. All the more reason you're invited home at the earliest. Since you asked, this is one of my all time favourites. Belonged to my old man. The track "Georgia On My Mind" has been played so often over and over again, that it is the only skiined portion of the record.

Attachments

• R-3735906-1383702815-3902.jpeg.jpg
    R-3735906-1383702815-3902.jpeg.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back