All That Jazz ...

Wabash Blues from the studio album Back to Back - Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges. Every swinging song from this album is eminently listenable and a great way to initiate oneself into jazz.
Enjoyed it. Like back to back and side to side both.

The album I have been listening to a lot lately is Marsalis’ Trio Jeepy. Very happy and bouncy. Here it is on YouTube

Finally I got a copy of Giuffre’s 1961. Free jazz and waiting for the Cd

Hey all. Fun read and listen.

Snarky Puppy - The Simple Life

Love this modern big band. They have two great keyboard players, namely, Cory Henry (of the Funk Apostles fame and great master of the mini Moog) and Shaun Martin (check out his Yellowjacket).

Big John Patton - Latona

Talk about cool!
If you’re in the mood for some greasy funk, check out Blue Note’s Rare Groove series: Lou Donaldson, Jack McGriff, Lonnie Smith, Stanley Turrentine, Big John and more. Even at the height of avant-garde jazz in the 60s, the soul jazz gurus were grinding out some killer beats.

Not much into fusion ...but here it works.
Flamenco and Jazz..
Chano Dominguez with NFS ( New Flamenco Sound)

Talking about Flemenco even if one is not much into Flamenco- Chachipen by Carlos Heredia is a must listen track , i am told when pros check new speakers to rate a new launch this track is one of their favourite , if you cant see it on you tube it is avaliable easily on Spotify.

51NvlOOLFPL.jpg

Tidal Link: The Best of Blue Note

Wabash Blues from the studio album Back to Back - Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges. Every swinging song from this album is eminently listenable and a great way to initiate oneself into jazz.

Fantastic album ... lovely recommendation.

image.jpg

Chet Baker's "Almost like being in love" had opened the gates for me to offerings by this maestro...and i am enchanted ever since, by his approach to tone...be it trumpet or his voice...

Thanks to Mr. S. Lalwani, i had the opportunity to build my jazz collection from zero to over 100 discs...each artist carefully selected by this gentleman of impeccable taste....and then thanks to Mr Suhas from nasik, whose freind was parting off with his collection...such a blessing to get access to someones personal collection, so much thought, research and love for music goes into it...i am lucky indeed...my collection of jazz while modest in comparison to most here...is over 250 discs... artists ranging from Art Blakey, Art Farmer, Ahmad Jamal to Toots, Monk, Coltrane and the incredible Miles...

depending the mood and my understanding at the moment and taste, which keeps evolving... i currently love to listen to Freddie Hubbard, JJ Johnson, Miles Davis, E.S.T, Jim Hall & Dave Grusin..

my collection of jazz while modest in comparison to most here...is over 250 discs... artists ranging from Art Blakey, Art Farmer, Ahmad Jamal to Toots, Monk, Coltrane and the incredible Miles...

depending the mood and my understanding at the moment and taste, which keeps evolving... i currently love to listen to Freddie Hubbard, JJ Johnson, Miles Davis, E.S.T, Jim Hall & Dave Grusin..

jenson,

Congratulations! 250 albums is a serious collection in any form!
Look forward to seeing you share some of your treasure with us.

Regards

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back