Allo digione signature

We entered into tidal family plan , with some friends and paying 6 USD per head. Allo seems topped the prices of digione signature quite high thereby making it no longer a cost effective solution

I guess that's why they will keep the signature edition and the normal Digiome both alive so people can have a choice

A few words of cautions, i have volumio on RPI3 with Allo Digione. The image is a beta version of MyVolumio which brings in built Tidal plugin. This plugin is capable of streaming upto 24/96 only. While most files on TIDAL are 16/44.1 , only TIDAL MQA ones go upto 24/192 so the same will be downsampled to 24/96. However the digione board (not signature) is capable of accepting files upto 24/192 and outputting the same, cases where you have them on your LAN and you are streaming. For Allo UsbBridge the additional problem is MyVolumio image for Sparky is still not ready so native TIDAL support is not there and hence alternate mechanisms need to be tried, but do not think they may support MQA. MQA is only working now in Windows app of TIDAL.

So anyone planning to venture RPI / Digione route be aware of this.

one correction, the volumio tidal plugin support till 24/48 only. Seems beta version is still developing this, although on settings page there are options for Normal, High, Lossless, Hi-Res and Highest Possible

Thanks helium flight. Been considering a streamer for some time now. But not too sure I will take the plunge anytime soon. Too many options and everything seems to be changing so far. Difficult to net the ball when the goal posts claim to be moved with every new iteration of a steamer :)

Besides , I don't have downloaded music as such. I listen to loads of Gaana and tidal. And as of now, only Chromecast audio is supporting Gaana. So that is another bummer to spend a hefty wad of cash to just listen to tidal. And iam not even sure if there are sonic gains . Will be helpful if forum members can confirm that there are sonic gains on tidal with a dedicated streamer. That might help me to just give it a go :)

CA cxn allows you to play Tidal, but it is not available in India.

I'm using Allo digione for past 2 months via moode audio... Coax to topping d50 dac... Im using psu from Allo... I found the sound to be more clinical and not at all musical.. what guys you suggest

I'm using Allo digione for past 2 months via moode audio... Coax to topping d50 dac... Im using psu from Allo... I found the sound to be more clinical and not at all musical.. what guys you suggest

Moode was supposed to be better, I swing to volumio because i2s support was an issue in moode. I suggest try volumio once. These os tend to impact sound in their own way although they should not.

I use ALLO USBridge and setup sounds quite musical. Since you too are in Chennai we can exchange notes. I will message my number to you.

Try volumio, it's better than other os, also in my opinion dac affects musicality more than anything, not player. You are finding it more clinical because of more clarity when played through digione.

Will musicality improves with change in psu like ifi ipower? I could see the message like " under voltage detected " when I connect to the monitor..

I use ALLO USBridge and setup sounds quite musical. Since you too are in Chennai we can exchange notes. I will message my number to you.

I compared usbridge with earlier digione with three different dacs, although it's usb vs coax but in all cases, I found digione to be slightly bright and more sparkling than usbridge. Usbridge appeared little more cleaner more open but a little slow to my ears. I preffered digione, timing seem better on digione everytime.

I compared usbridge with earlier digione with three different dacs, although it's usb vs coax but in all cases, I found digione to be slightly bright and more sparkling than usbridge. Usbridge appeared little more cleaner more open but a little slow to my ears. I preffered digione, timing seem better on digione everytime.

I have compared both too and seem to conclude that digione has better highs and usbbridge make the vocals are bit smooth and flat especially female vocals.

Try volumio, it's better than other os, also in my opinion dac affects musicality more than anything, not player. You are finding it more clinical because of more clarity when played through digione.

OS does affect output, in another volumio based project called RuneAudio there used to be multiple choices for OS core selection option to try out which signature one liked, I always went with default one. It's similar to assuming that digital cable interconnect also impact sound.

Since i do not have digione, not able to give a comparison. I am using Volumio, and my DAC is Teac UD-301 connected to a Class A amp.

The switch from using USBridge as transport over laptop brought in substantial improvement to the SQ, primarily due to lowering of background noise and the OS deficiencies (though I was using a highly optimized windows)
This was further improved after I added an isolation transformer.

I am yet to try powering the ALLO with a PSU.

Since i do not have digione, not able to give a comparison. I am using Volumio, and my DAC is Teac UD-301 connected to a Class A amp.

The switch from using USBridge as transport over laptop brought in substantial improvement to the SQ, primarily due to lowering of background noise and the OS deficiencies (though I was using a highly optimized windows)
This was further improved after I added an isolation transformer.

I am yet to try powering the ALLO with a PSU.

Try powering usbridge separately using a battery with jumper removed. It will work wonders. Be cautious of correct polarity otherwise it will fry.

Try powering usbridge separately using a battery with jumper removed. It will work wonders. Be cautious of correct polarity otherwise it will fry.
Yes..I am already doing it, but not a battery, a supply cleaned with a capacitance multiplier

Yes..I am already doing it, but not a battery, a supply cleaned with a capacitance multiplier

Is it the allo capacitance multiplier? I have used quite few chinese power supplies but nothing beats the good old lead acid battery for allo products, ymmv

Is it the allo capacitance multiplier? I have used quite few chinese power supplies but nothing beats the good old lead acid battery for allo products, ymmv
Yes, the one supplied by ALLO. It is of very good quality

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back