Allo digione signature

I think you are getting undervoltage message on digione. Quick Google search says lots of people get this message on rpi, maybe due to poor microusb power cable or other unknown issues, I think it should be fine until you are getting sound from digione. You may want to check with allo though

I changed to volumio setup and I removed my harddisc attached to Allo digione player... Now sound is very good... I don't know power makes this much improvement in sound quality... And another thing is loose connection between power cable and small micro USB cable

I changed to volumio setup and I removed my harddisc attached to Allo digione player... Now sound is very good... I don't know power makes this much improvement in sound quality... And another thing is loose connection between power cable and small micro USB cable

So how are you streaming now? Use Ethernet cable and disable WiFi, sound quality will increase more. If you are even more adventurous you can remove the dc converter from digione board and power it separately using a battery, you will be really surprised by the sound quality, this will require soldering though and will void the warranty for digione.

So how are you streaming now? Use Ethernet cable and disable WiFi, sound quality will increase more. If you are even more adventurous you can remove the dc converter from digione board and power it separately using a battery, you will be really surprised by the sound quality, this will require soldering though and will void the warranty for digione.
Currently using USB drive ... Will that decrease the sound quality... I'm poor in networking stuff... Don't know how to use ...

Currently using USB drive ... Will that decrease the sound quality... I'm poor in networking stuff... Don't know how to use ...
You just need to run a ethernet cable from your router to the RPI.
Using the mac address, configure a static ip address for the RPI on the router. This is always better than configuring the Static IP in Volumio.

I use an externally powered USB hard disk aswell as a NAS drive.
Additionally, the USB hard drive is connected via Audioquest jitterbug.

You just need to run a ethernet cable from your router to the RPI.
Using the mac address, configure a static ip address for the RPI on the router. This is always better than configuring the Static IP in Volumio.

I use an externally powered USB hard disk aswell as a NAS drive.
Additionally, the USB hard drive is connected via Audioquest jitterbug.

Do you find any difference in sound quality between usb or nas, my poor ears can't distinguish or my equipment is not that resolving.

Yes with a SBC it becomes a two box solution and also yes to roon being expensive
But bubble upnp, LMS can't stream mqa tidal which roon can, that is what I wanted to add

Also if you go to see tidal is also very expensive for something like 19 USD for master streaming

But apart from all that , for local file playback by any player, any protocol digione signature seems to be a step up in all departments, at least from reading what all has been changed
Tidal family is pretty cheap, select Turkish server on a Turkey VPN for dirt cheap TIDAL sub.

Tidal family is pretty cheap, select Turkish server on a Turkey VPN for dirt cheap TIDAL sub.

its 6 usd per month per member, in my terms its not cheap,

power does make difference. discussed on several threads on this forum. One other design constraint on RPI is that all USB ports are on the same bus and shared same power hence distortions due to drawing power by USB drives will impact your output. That is what devices like jitterbug claim to resolve to an extent. Networked access of audio is still better although ethernet and usb share same data bus and bandwidth on RPI. Powered drives i havent compared but i stay away from plugging anything in the USB. Probably with separate power per board design in Digione Signature or tweaking allo usbbridge will do away with this problem permanently but i am yet to test that

I find it to be a one box solution for all your needs. It is future proof.. Quality of the DAC/ Sound quality?

I find it to be a one box solution for all your needs. It is future proof.. Quality of the DAC/ Sound quality?

I used to have Cambridge audio stream magic 6 v1 dac/streamer. I had compared the spdif out from stream magic to older digione and streamagic was simply not upto the level of digione. For dac quality, streamagic was an average dac imo, not sure how much improvement cxn is.

In dacs and streamers nothing can be termed as future proof
Yes some dacs and streamers do add some features by firmware updates but even that can't make any drastic change in what that component can do
And mostly those dacs / streamers are on expensive side

If future proof in terms of software nothing can beat something powered by raspberry pi or Allo sparky

So you gain some , you loose some

Pick your choice

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back