Allo digione signature

Thats a pain again to keep the batteries recharged but good to know it sounds better to others also. thanks
I am actually planning to try powering both the boards with separate high current battery banks.
LiFePO4 18650 is a very good option if you are looking for battery power.

I am actually planning to try powering both the boards with separate high current battery banks.
LiFePO4 18650 is a very good option if you are looking for battery power.
Dirty side will require 5.2 v. How you plan to get it using batteries

That would be for clean side only. Rpi wont power on if run on 6v i suppose. Its pretty sensitive to voltage.
It should work absolutely fine. Anyhow I will test and confirm and will also check once with the ALLO guys

@firearm12 , How is the eneloop AA battery performance compared to the 6V 10Ah acid battery you were using earlier.I'm still using the lead acid battery.

I think its better but my setup has also changed alot now and i did not do A-B comparison. As Kannan said LiFePO4 18650 battery is considered best, but looks like its not available anywhere online anywhere.

That would be for clean side only. Rpi wont power on if run on 6v i suppose. Its pretty sensitive to voltage.
you are right. It is recommended not to power the RPI side with battery power or higher voltages

I observed that there are lots of issues in the last two (including the latest) Volumio updates with respect to mpd (library management).
Frequent drop off, library crashes, browsing folders gets very slow and often even the handshake with the outboard DAC cuts off.

I just flashed latest Moode yesterday night and so far no issues.

Me too switched to moode and moode upnp media server with tidal is very good, better than airplay.

I am having problems with my 3 months old digione signature playing songs from USB flash drive/Web Radio. I recently upgraded volumio to the most recent release, and could play without problems for two days. After that, all of a sudden it stopped transporting digital audio to the external DAC. It didn't happen while playing songs though.
Still, I don't see any problems with the RPi, because i can access the volumio web interface, browse through songs, web radio and even play them. But the DAC simply doesn't detect audio fed into Coax in. I tried, resetting volumio to factory defaults, reconfigured the controls, reconnected the power supply and digital audio cables, but still no luck.
Some info about my setup, Source: Digione Signature (Allo Supplied power unit for the dirty side & MI 10000mAh power bank for the clean side), Digital Coax: Belden 1694A, DAC: PS Audio Digilink III, Amp: MF A1 Integrated.
PS Audio Digilink III accepts, Digital Coax, Optical and USB inputs and will auto detect the source. When i connected the DAC to my laptop using USB, it could detect the USB source immediately, though Digione signature was also connected in Coax.
Since i didn't find problems with RPi and the DAC, i started to suspect that the problem could be with digione signature board. Out of curiosity, i disassembled the acrylic case, and found that the connections between RPi, the middle board and digione signature at the top are all intact.

I have been in touch with FM @Kannan @kvijay.svg, they have been helpful since the beginning of my digione purchase, giving invaluable information to setup the source for optimal performance. I'm posting this to wider audience to see if any of the digione users have reported similar experiences in the past and were able to fix?

I am having problems with my 3 months old digione signature playing songs from USB flash drive/Web Radio. I recently upgraded volumio to the most recent release, and could play without problems for two days. After that, all of a sudden it stopped transporting digital audio to the external DAC. It didn't happen while playing songs though.
Still, I don't see any problems with the RPi, because i can access the volumio web interface, browse through songs, web radio and even play them. But the DAC simply doesn't detect audio fed into Coax in. I tried, resetting volumio to factory defaults, reconfigured the controls, reconnected the power supply and digital audio cables, but still no luck.
Some info about my setup, Source: Digione Signature (Allo Supplied power unit for the dirty side & MI 10000mAh power bank for the clean side), Digital Coax: Belden 1694A, DAC: PS Audio Digilink III, Amp: MF A1 Integrated.
PS Audio Digilink III accepts, Digital Coax, Optical and USB inputs and will auto detect the source. When i connected the DAC to my laptop using USB, it could detect the USB source immediately, though Digione signature was also connected in Coax.
Since i didn't find problems with RPi and the DAC, i started to suspect that the problem could be with digione signature board. Out of curiosity, i disassembled the acrylic case, and found that the connections between RPi, the middle board and digione signature at the top are all intact.

I have been in touch with FM @Kannan @kvijay.svg, they have been helpful since the beginning of my digione purchase, giving invaluable information to setup the source for optimal performance. I'm posting this to wider audience to see if any of the digione users have reported similar experiences in the past and were able to fix?

Did you try to reflash the micro sd card with new image. Does the song play properly from the gui, i hope it does not stop erratically.

If you are technically inclined, you can do an ssh from a terminal onto your rpi ip address and troubleshoot.

Did you try to reflash the micro sd card with new image. Does the song play properly from the gui, i hope it does not stop erratically.

If you are technically inclined, you can do an ssh from a terminal onto your rpi ip address and troubleshoot.
I didn't reflash the micro SD card with a new image of volumio, I can't do that immediately as I have to purchase a SD card adapter to connect to my laptop. But songs play properly and completely from the gui, all the control work as well.

I'm okay to troubleshoot using terminal. Before that, I would like to know if there's a way to find if the signature is properly receiving power and audio signals from RPi. Does terminal show the middle board and signature board as external devices/hardwares connected?

I didn't reflash the micro SD card with a new image of volumio, I can't do that immediately as I have to purchase a SD card adapter to connect to my laptop. But songs play properly and completely from the gui, all the control work as well.

I'm okay to troubleshoot using terminal. Before that, I would like to know if there's a way to find if the signature is properly receiving power and audio signals from RPi. Does terminal show the middle board and signature board as external devices/hardwares connected?

If the song is playing properly and you are able to stop and start and change songs (although no sound in youslr case) this generally means digione is getting power. You can check by disconecting the cleannside power and then trying to play.

Yiur issue can also happen if the voltage drops below a certainnvalue onnclean side, so just check that part also.

Double check you have selected correct playback device also in volumio gui.

The middle and top boards are considered as one only to rpi. I would highly suggest to reflash card maybe something went corrupt.

If the song is playing properly and you are able to stop and start and change songs (although no sound in youslr case) this generally means digione is getting power. You can check by disconecting the cleannside power and then trying to play.

Yiur issue can also happen if the voltage drops below a certainnvalue onnclean side, so just check that part also.

Double check you have selected correct playback device also in volumio gui.

The middle and top boards are considered as one only to rpi. I would highly suggest to reflash card maybe something went corrupt.
I think installing a new copy of volumio to the SD card would be the next right step to fixing the problem. As the SD card has to be reflashed, I'm wondering if trying out other music players ie, Moode (once recommended by @Kannan) would do any good. At least for a change!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back