Allo digione signature

I have a 1Tb HDD connected to USBridge running Moode with about 250 GB of Flacs and it works. I stopped using a separate Pi running Logitech media server as I found this simple and reliable to access my music collection.
Hi,
Thanks, I will try Moode.
Does it have an app to control it from a TAB or Phone?

Hi,
Thanks, I will try Moode.
Does it have an app to control it from a TAB or Phone?
I just use a browser shortcut, entering the IP address of the streamer in the browser allows access to the library. Instead of DHPC, I have set a fixed IP address in the network settings. You could also use Bubble PNP instead.

Since Moode is an airplay renderer, I just cast Spotify to the streamer from the Spotify app.

Loving this thread.. Learning much about the Digione use, set up etc.

Not sure if this has been answered before, would be great if anyone can answer pls:

1. Does the allo digione one player output signal from both BNC and Coaxial outputs at the same time.( my guess is yes)

2. If so, if both BNC and RCA outs are connected to 2 seperate dacs at same time and operated, does it lead to any degradation in output quality/voltage output shared between the outs? As in wud the 2 volts get downgraded to say 1v each on each output? My guess is it will and maybe a Nirvana SMPS or Shanti LPS may be able to 'better' from a signal output strength perspective (besides the SQ aspect)

3. Lastly, can the usb out (to dac 1) and coax (to dac 2) be used at the same time? While I understand the coax out is better way to use the digione, can it be used as both a USB and Coax source at same time. My guess is yes.

4. Would this dual output impact the SQ from both outputs (versus just one being used)

5. What's best way to stream Tidal to digione (without using volumio). Saw a YT video on how Linn can be used to set up renderer and stream from Mac to the digione via Moode renderer. Other option is to use airplay in Moode. I'm sort of clear on how to stream from android phone, bubble upnp, moode upnp apps, not clear on MacOS setup (except Airplay). Also on airplay, if I play tidal on my macbook, will it playback to streamer if airplay is enabled.?

Tx!

Last edited:
Instead of DHPC, I have set a fixed IP address in the network settings. You could also use Bubble PNP instead.
Hi,

Can u suggest any source to understand how to set up a static IP. In my case, I'm using a dongle WiFi since the landline connections are pathetic. That means I can connect to the Digione only by way of WiFi (using the jio dongle as a hotspot). I'm guessing once I connect to moode on digione bootup, I need to first find the moode in my WiFi, connect to moode, set up the WiFi ssid, password etc. And there I can put a static IP?

Yes you can put static IP on the network settings page of Moode, same can be done on other softwares as well.

Also to answer to your earlier post, point no. 3. You can only select one audio output device at a time. That's either your hat board, USB, 3.5mm aux or hdmi from the raspberry Pi. So you cannot have dual audio out as mentioned in point no 4.

Last edited:
Yes you can put static IP on the network settings page of Moode, same can be done on other softwares as well.

Also to answer to your earlier post, point no. 3. You can only select one audio output device at a time. That's either your hat board, USB, 3.5mm aux or hdmi from the raspberry Pi. So you cannot have dual audio out as mentioned in point no 4.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

These batteries are fantastic with more than 100 hours of non stop use.I use Nitecore 18650 batteries and Nitecore D4 charger .There Nitecore batteries are of different capacities but are costly as compared to other brands.
I was searching on the net, both 18650 battery and nitcore charger. It is hard to find / out of stock majorly. Any pointers please?

Try batteries on clean side. Its better than shanti supply.
I am using battery power(18650 batteries) to the clean side since I purchased the unit.The sound is really good but a few days back I used a power bank giving output of 5.1V to the dirty side of digione signature and believe me that the sound becomes even lot better.Hope you might have tried it.If not I suggest to have one try.
Thanks

Last edited:
I am using battery power(18650 batteries) to the clean side since I purchased the unit.The sound is really good but a few days back I used a power bank giving output of 5.1V to the dirty side of digione signature and believe me that the sound becomes even lot better.Hope you might have tried it.If not I suggest to have one try.
Thanks

I believe batteries should be better. I dont have digione now but if i remember correctly power bank muffled the sound for me especially highs and bloated the mids. Batteries were best.

I believe batteries should be better. I dont have digione now but if i remember correctly power bank muffled the sound for me especially highs and bloated the mids. Batteries were best.
I think you are talking about the batteries you used on the clean side of digione signature. I observed that instead of a power adapter with output of 5V used on the dirty side it is better to use a power bank .This to me adds to the sound quality.

I think you are talking about the batteries you used on the clean side of digione signature. I observed that instead of a power adapter with output of 5V used on the dirty side it is better to use a power bank .This to me adds to the sound quality.
I found Allo Shanti to be the best for dirty side. power banks mostly have cells less than 5.2v each which are then connected in series, its dc converted to 5v or above for fast charging. It would never be ideal clean power source imo.

I found Allo Shanti to be the best for dirty side. power banks mostly have cells less than 5.2v each which are then connected in series, its dc converted to 5v or above for fast charging. It would never be ideal clean power source imo.
Does power supply quality on dirty side matters as it is isolated from the clean side.
Have you tried with a different power supply on the dirty side and see any impact on the audio quality

Does power supply quality on dirty side matters as it is isolated from the clean side.
Have you tried with a different power supply on the dirty side and see any impact on the audio quality
I have tried.
I was under the impression that it should not matter. But i was wrong. Clean power / different power sources on dirty side aswell, makes a difference to the sound.

I am using the Allo Usb-bridge Signature Player and it's quite good.

My friend has the Allo Digione.

It's best to use it with the Allo Shanti or atleast the Nirvana.

I am having problems with my 3 months old digione signature playing songs from USB flash drive/Web Radio. I recently upgraded volumio to the most recent release, and could play without problems for two days. After that, all of a sudden it stopped transporting digital audio to the external DAC. It didn't happen while playing songs though.
Still, I don't see any problems with the RPi, because i can access the volumio web interface, browse through songs, web radio and even play them. But the DAC simply doesn't detect audio fed into Coax in. I tried, resetting volumio to factory defaults, reconfigured the controls, reconnected the power supply and digital audio cables, but still no luck.
Some info about my setup, Source: Digione Signature (Allo Supplied power unit for the dirty side & MI 10000mAh power bank for the clean side), Digital Coax: Belden 1694A, DAC: PS Audio Digilink III, Amp: MF A1 Integrated.
PS Audio Digilink III accepts, Digital Coax, Optical and USB inputs and will auto detect the source. When i connected the DAC to my laptop using USB, it could detect the USB source immediately, though Digione signature was also connected in Coax.
Since i didn't find problems with RPi and the DAC, i started to suspect that the problem could be with digione signature board. Out of curiosity, i disassembled the acrylic case, and found that the connections between RPi, the middle board and digione signature at the top are all intact.

I have been in touch with FM @Kannan @kvijay.svg, they have been helpful since the beginning of my digione purchase, giving invaluable information to setup the source for optimal performance. I'm posting this to wider audience to see if any of the digione users have reported similar experiences in the past and were able to fix?
Hi robin3989,
Did you manage to solve the problem? I have exactly the same problem suddenly stopped outputting sound to spdif output. Checked with usb sound outputs normally.

scenic

Hi robin3989,
Did you manage to solve the problem? I have exactly the same problem suddenly stopped outputting sound to spdif output. Checked with usb sound outputs normally.

scenic
Hi Scenic,
The problem was due to volumio and that particular release.
I no longer use Volumio, moved to Mo0de Audio which is very stable and solved the problem.

Regards,
Robin

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back