• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Allo digione signature

Marantz offers at HiFiMART.com

manniraj

I do not think any great advantage would be there except may be the USB bus and Ethernet ports are now separated from the power management I guess in the 4 or 4B versions. In the earlier version they both were sharing the same power and hence noise issues if you were using the USB out to the dac along with the attached HDD.

robin3989

I am using Musical Fidelity M1 DAC which I bought from an FM a month ago.

It has Coaxial, USB Type B, AES XLR, and TOSLINK input connectivity.
My personal opinion would be stick to coax if the DAC supports that. M1 looks like a reasonably dated DAC, so prefer coax. Unless you have a USB only or a well implemented USB DAC, go with coax.

mannukiddo

I am looking at the allo digione signature as my source to play offline music. My music collection, mostly flacs and about 300 GB of DSDs in a total of about 1.2TB of music resides in on a 4TB portable WD Passport USB powered external HDD. So I have heard from some Raspberry pi users that a USB powered HDD may not work very well compared to an external powered USB HDD when connected to the allo usb port. Is there any truth in this and is it really a fact that I will be better off a externally powered HDD instead of just a USB powered HDD? Thanks in advance.

Kannan

I am looking at the allo digione signature as my source to play offline music. My music collection, mostly flacs and about 300 GB of DSDs in a total of about 1.2TB of music resides in on a 4TB portable WD Passport USB powered external HDD. So I have heard from some Raspberry pi users that a USB powered HDD may not work very well compared to an external powered USB HDD when connected to the allo usb port. Is there any truth in this and is it really a fact that I will be better off a externally powered HDD instead of just a USB powered HDD? Thanks in advance.
The devil is in the details :) . Any day an externally powered hard disk especially when it comes to over 500GB is better off used with the RPI based transports from MPD media building point of view and stability owing to power draw issues on USB ports.
However maybe RPI 4 is more sturdy in that aspect and could possible manage a USB powered HDD.
Still an externally powered one reduces the burden on the RPI electricals.
A small tweak you can apply is to mask the power pin with a piece of cello tape or insulation tape in the USB cable at the RPI side.
Though the USB ports are galvanically isolated in the digione signature, you can still do it.

Imtiyaz Ahmad

Did you buy the 18650 batteries on amazon, any link?
Nitecore batteries and chargers

Imtiyaz Ahmad

These batteries are fantastic with more than 100 hours of non stop use.I use Nitecore 18650 batteries and Nitecore D4 charger .There Nitecore batteries are of different capacities but are costly as compared to other brands.

mannukiddo

Another question before I commit myself to a Allo digione Signature. I am using an external DDC, a Gustard U16 to convert the USB signal from my Laptop to AES for my Sonnet Morpheus DAC. Is it possible to connect the Allo Digione signature to my DDC in any way to be able to feed coaxial, optical and AES signals to each of my DACs?

eabhishek

Continuing on your Digione Signature conversation, I do plan to buy one as well with shanti or any other LPS to replace my CCA. I am also considering Bluesound Node 2i, Cambridge CXN V2 (has chromecast!) and Lumin U1 Mini. Considering all participating equipment being constant, how better would be CXN and Lumins? Thank you.