Allo digione signature

I am actually planning to try powering both the boards with separate high current battery banks.
LiFePO4 18650 is a very good option if you are looking for battery power.

Can we put normal pencil size A batteries into that holder?
If not, can we buy s separate holder for pencil cell allowing 4 batteries. And then use for the clean side.
1.5 volts X 4 batteries would be 6 volts. so would that be ok?

Thank you sir but as a standalone player how far usbridge signature is different from digione signature player and what about the sound quality.
Digione Sign will have set of limits in bandwidth.. But in US_Bridge it is having more Bandwidth as well as Sound Quality is also more. Noise level is totally reduced compare to Digione Sign.. Here if u use Rev DAC comfortable of 705K PCM file also can be played.. DSD 64 to 512 and Dop64 to 256 Files can be played properly but in Digione Sign u can play upto 196K Hz files only..

Digione Sign will have set of limits in bandwidth.. But in US_Bridge it is having more Bandwidth as well as Sound Quality is also more. Noise level is totally reduced compare to Digione Sign.. Here if u use Rev DAC comfortable of 705K PCM file also can be played.. DSD 64 to 512 and Dop64 to 256 Files can be played properly but in Digione Sign u can play upto 196K Hz files only..
Thank you sir for your clarification. But the price wise Digione signature is more than usbridge signature why sir?. Can we play files without Nas?

It will depemd on your dac whether to go with usb sign or digi sign. I sold my digisign some time back as my dac likes usb more. Now looking to get usb sign. Both should be equal in quality and noise apart from the fact thay course coax will have limitations on bandwidth , someome looking to play native dsd and hi res files above 192khz need to get usb sig.

Last edited:
USBridge Signature:
Pros: Can play DSD, Single power supply, digione signature can be added for both USB and coax support, but need to reboot every time if moving from coax to USB as USB needs handshake at every boot.
Cons: No wifi or bluetooth. Only networking option built-in is via ethernet. The 2 USB ports on the front are only for adding wifi or Bluetooth dongles, not recommended to use USB hard drive or flash drives for music playback as there is no galvanic isolation. NAS is the best solution to play local files or go with streaming exclusively.

Digione Signature:
Pros: Native playback of music files through USB ports. wifi, bluetooth all built-in as it runs on raspberry pi board. Can upgrade with future raspberry pi boards with better features. Direct boot from pen drive or hard drive instead of taking the SD card route which is more stable and beneficial SQ wise.
Can be used as a single media center for both movies and music by taking the dual boot option.
Cons: Dual power supply, Limited to 24/192 (no direct DSD).

Regarding sound quality (or signature), I find both are equally good as I have both.

Digione Sign Player is been used with RPI 4 or 3B+. But US_Bridge Sign will be used with RPI Compute Module 3+ internally and does not have Wifi Option.. For that u need to order WIFI-Dongle also with US_Bridge.. Hence Price Matters..

Noise level is totally reduced compare to Digione Sign..
This is totally incorrect. Both are excellent at noise rejection. Regarding sound quality, just because USBridge can do DSD (due to the higher bandwidth of USB) does not mean that it will sound better. There is absolutely no technical co-relation to this.

This is totally incorrect. Both are excellent at noise rejection. Regarding sound quality, just because USBridge can do DSD (due to the higher bandwidth of USB) does not mean that it will sound better. There is absolutely no technical co-relation to this.
Sorry Sir.. Might be ur right, But comparison wise i told.. thats it..

Allo shanti lps arrived today, hooked it to digione signature. pic attached.
Have both good and mixed feelings so far.

the good:
- digital grain has gone away.
- can listen for longer duration.
- Can listen to the full song without the urge to skip.

the mix:
- songs sound slightier mellow
- though there are lots of details in the sound, it sounds a bit restricted. the sound has not yet 'bloomed' fully.
- there seems to be a small tinch of low end in all songs. Before shanti there used to be a digital grain all around and now instead of that it is the small tinch of bass in the aura around the songs.
- the pace of music has become relaxed, giving an impression that it has become slow.

Attachments

• am_lps.jpg
    am_lps.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 42
Allo shanti lps arrived today, hooked it to digione signature. pic attached.
Have both good and mixed feelings so far.

the good:
- digital grain has gone away.
- can listen for longer duration.
- Can listen to the full song without the urge to skip.

the mix:
- songs sound slightier mellow
- though there are lots of details in the sound, it sounds a bit restricted. the sound has not yet 'bloomed' fully.
- there seems to be a small tinch of low end in all songs. Before shanti there used to be a digital grain all around and now instead of that it is the small tinch of bass in the aura around the songs.
- the pace of music has become relaxed, giving an impression that it has become slow.

Try batteries on clean side. Its better than shanti supply.

Try batteries on clean side. Its better than shanti supply.
Yes i had read your one of prebious posts about batteries on clean side. Awaiting the battery holder from fotolab. they do not have stock of few items and this is one of them it seems. they did partial shipment only of my order.
Also can we put pencil cells AA size to try out? bcos 18650 not sure if available, and i will also have to buy a separate charger for it.

Yes i had read your one of prebious posts about batteries on clean side. Awaiting the battery holder from fotolab. they do not have stock of few items and this is one of them it seems. they did partial shipment only of my order.
Also can we put pencil cells AA size to try out? bcos 18650 not sure if available, and i will also have to buy a separate charger for it.
Lifepo4 batteries best they say. I never used them. I used eneloop rechargeable batteries AA size that work well. I also used lead acid 6v batteries. Different batteries will sound different. You can try any AA size 4 batteries in series

Last edited:
I think Volumio supports only Spotify paid version. In MoOde though there is a native plugin. If you are industrious you can try plex server, bubble pnp etc.
LMP over picoplayer is in my opinion the best for streaming as it has direct plugins for youtube, tidal, quboz, spotify and more.

For local playback I prefer MoODe

Update and some questions from my end:

First of all Thanks everyone who helped me with my questions before, that helped me in taking a decision.

So I bought a USBridge (not the signature one) from one of our renowned FM here and set it up and it works.
Initial impressions are great and definitely find it better than using my laptop. Have to spend extensive listening
session this weekend.

That said, have some questions based on the usage so far:
1) The USBridge runs Volumio and it supports spotify natively but I find YouTube better for my usage and listening, so
I am using tuneblade for streaming from my laptop. While this also works fine, there are couple of issues/questions.
a) While Spotify while run natively on Volumio it shows 16bit/320kbps transmitting but when I use Tuneblade for
streaming to Volumio it shows 16bit/44.1kbps. I understand that this is a limitation on tuneblade, but is there any
other option (similar to tuneblade) which can transmit as-is 16bit/320kbs to Volumio?.

b) If Tuneblade is THE best option, then I am planning to buy the license ($10) as the free version stops playing every
10 mins. As much its just takes couple of clicks to get it running again, its still bit annoying so I am thinking of
buying it, but just wanted to know if this is THE best for streaming or if there is any other s/w which I should consider?.

c) I had read Audirvana in some posts here, is it something that can be used similar to tuneblade (stream YouTube to Volumio)?.
(or is it something that can be used only with songs stored in local PC/NAS?)

d) I currently have a One plus NORD. I thought I can install BubbleUpnp and use that to stream into Volumio, but that doesnt
seem to work. Do I have to root my phone to get this working (bubbleupnp from phone to stream into volumio)?.

e) @Kannan I read your post that LMP over picoplayer is best for streaming. In Volumio also I see Squeezeliteplayer and LMS
plugins, will any of these have YouTube plugins?. Or is my only option to install picoplayer and LMP? I dont want to take the
route of uninstalling Volumio OS and changing to picoplayer OS unless its absolutely necessary. Not sure what I might run
into during that process.

picoplayer is best for streaming. In Volumio also I see Squeezeliteplayer and LMS
I have nit tried this on Volumio. If you want to try LMS, I would suggest install picoplayer natively as the boot OS instead of running it over Volumio

@Kannan
I see you also have/had USBridge. This runs off eMMC and I am not sure if I can remove that and flash that with picoreplayer OS.
Also since this is off sparky board I read online that it cant run picoreplayer?.

Does anyone know if its possible for me to install picoreplayer on USBridge (not the signature one) and how would I be able to remove the emmc card to download and install picoreplayer OS on it.

Thanks,
Sivakuru

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back