Allo digione signature

I am looking at the allo digione signature as my source to play offline music. My music collection, mostly flacs and about 300 GB of DSDs in a total of about 1.2TB of music resides in on a 4TB portable WD Passport USB powered external HDD. So I have heard from some Raspberry pi users that a USB powered HDD may not work very well compared to an external powered USB HDD when connected to the allo usb port. Is there any truth in this and is it really a fact that I will be better off a externally powered HDD instead of just a USB powered HDD? Thanks in advance.

I am looking at the allo digione signature as my source to play offline music. My music collection, mostly flacs and about 300 GB of DSDs in a total of about 1.2TB of music resides in on a 4TB portable WD Passport USB powered external HDD. So I have heard from some Raspberry pi users that a USB powered HDD may not work very well compared to an external powered USB HDD when connected to the allo usb port. Is there any truth in this and is it really a fact that I will be better off a externally powered HDD instead of just a USB powered HDD? Thanks in advance.
The devil is in the details :) . Any day an externally powered hard disk especially when it comes to over 500GB is better off used with the RPI based transports from MPD media building point of view and stability owing to power draw issues on USB ports.
However maybe RPI 4 is more sturdy in that aspect and could possible manage a USB powered HDD.
Still an externally powered one reduces the burden on the RPI electricals.
A small tweak you can apply is to mask the power pin with a piece of cello tape or insulation tape in the USB cable at the RPI side.
Though the USB ports are galvanically isolated in the digione signature, you can still do it.

Did you buy the 18650 batteries on amazon, any link?
Nitecore batteries and chargers

These batteries are fantastic with more than 100 hours of non stop use.I use Nitecore 18650 batteries and Nitecore D4 charger .There Nitecore batteries are of different capacities but are costly as compared to other brands.

Another question before I commit myself to a Allo digione Signature. I am using an external DDC, a Gustard U16 to convert the USB signal from my Laptop to AES for my Sonnet Morpheus DAC. Is it possible to connect the Allo Digione signature to my DDC in any way to be able to feed coaxial, optical and AES signals to each of my DACs?

Continuing on your Digione Signature conversation, I do plan to buy one as well with shanti or any other LPS to replace my CCA. I am also considering Bluesound Node 2i, Cambridge CXN V2 (has chromecast!) and Lumin U1 Mini. Considering all participating equipment being constant, how better would be CXN and Lumins? Thank you.

I have been using Allo Digione Signature for a while with Moode Audio player in it.

I found it having Graphic EQ and parametric EQ. The former takes effect whenever changed but the latter does not give much difference.

I would like to know what is the use of parametric EQ and how it is helpful in the sound quality? Also, is it linked to Graphic EQ?

Digione puts out only Coax (RCA or BNC)
Cheers,
Raghu
Hi, does the digione also have usb output to connect external dac via usb? I'm planing to get a digione to serve as a source to use with 2 dacs - mimby via coax and topping via USB.

I only found 2 sites to purchase the digione in India - fabtolab and warehouse. Fabtolab doesn't show options for upgrading 3b to 4 and charging extra for the 5V psu. Warehouse shows similar price with psu included. Any recommended online marketplace to get the digione player?

Hi,

Migjt be an already answered/noon questions but can a 20,000 mah power bank be used to power the digione signature on clean side? Anyone has experience of powering the clean side without the wall wart or LPS. I'm comparing the digione and signature, might go for signature as long as I don't have to buy a LPS or battery powered solutions for cost and convenience reasons.

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup an Allo Digione Signature for a freind to primarily play music off of a USB drive connected to the unit, using Volumio.

Volumio starts scanning the drive on each startup and if I try to play a track while it's scanning, it hangs. Scanning takes 8-10 minutes and 9/10 times, will not complete.

Is any one else facing this issue and is there a woraround? I checked and posted on the Volumio forum but none of the suggestions worked. Is there another OS which I can use which offers a similar UI as Volumio?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup an Allo Digione Signature for a freind to primarily play music off of a USB drive connected to the unit, using Volumio.

Volumio starts scanning the drive on each startup and if I try to play a track while it's scanning, it hangs. Scanning takes 8-10 minutes and 9/10 times, will not complete.

Is any one else facing this issue and is there a woraround? I checked and posted on the Volumio forum but none of the suggestions worked. Is there another OS which I can use which offers a similar UI as Volumio?

Thanks.
I have a 1Tb HDD connected to USBridge running Moode with about 250 GB of Flacs and it works. I stopped using a separate Pi running Logitech media server as I found this simple and reliable to access my music collection.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back