• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Allo katana player vs Yamaha wxc-50 vs CCA with external dac

Home Theatre Systems

Anshul_J

Current Gear
KEF Q150
Marantz PM6005 with Chromecast Audio (via toslink)

Budget 25,000

I will be streaming music stored on my pc and mobile and also be using Gaana, spotify, etc and need USB input. I mostly have mp3 music and trying to get better quality FLAC quality files (difficult to get).
When I had audiotened Yamaha rn 803, I heard a substantial difference between streaming through CCA (via toslink) and Yamaha app (much better)
I am already using CCA via toslink and wondering what would be the best option to improve sound quality amongst options mentioned above. Where can I get an audition to compare with the CCA? I am open to other options strictly in the mentioned budget.

Last edited:

Kannan

Get a good transport. Your amp already has digital inputs (both coax as well as toslink). A serious upgrade from Chromecast would be Allo Digione. If you have a higher budget get the digione signature.

Anshul_J

Thanks @Kannan , sorry for the late response.
Is the dac on the marantz equal/better than the katana, because many reviewers rate the katana very highly. Digione signature is for 19k and katana is for 21k, or is the streamer on the signature better and the katana dac not worth it?
Sorry for too many questions as I am a bit confused.