Allo USBridge - No Sound from DAC

Weathered

I bought a new Allo USBridge with Volumio OS shipped with v2.348. It recognizes the DAC (Nuprime Dac10) and scans the music from a usb hard drive. Everything appears to be setup and playing, but no sound from the DAC. Any idea what's wrong?

In the playback settings what are the settings in the mixer?
Disable it completely and then check

Best to use it with Ethernet
But in the case of OP it's no issue of network as he says everything starts playing but no sound

My USBridge stops every now and then and becomes alright with re-insertion of the micro SD card and power reboot. Need to figure out a permanent solution.

Try to use DietPi with Allo gui image, my USBridge was never stable with Volumio but once I shifted to DietPi never faced any problem.

My USBridge stops every now and then and becomes alright with re-insertion of the micro SD card and power reboot. Need to figure out a permanent solution.
Are you using wired ethernet? I was also facing same problem but when switched to Allo usb wifi dongle inserted into usb 3.0 port the problem was gone. I have now installed Spotify client and playing through it but never faced any dropout till now.

Are you using wired ethernet? I was also facing same problem but when switched to Allo usb wifi dongle inserted into usb 3.0 port the problem was gone. I have now installed Spotify client and playing through it but never faced any dropout till now.

Using wired Ethernet.

Using wired Ethernet.
Try using DietPi will allo gui image, don't update DietPi to latest version and if you have Allo WiFi dongle try that instead of wired ethernet. I was also frustrated with same problem but got rid of it now.

I'm using wired ethernet. Settings were all fine, rechecked. Updated volumio to the latest version, didnt help. Finally, did a factory reset. I'm getting sound now! No idea what was wrong, settings are same as earlier.

I'm using wired ethernet. Settings were all fine, rechecked. Updated volumio to the latest version, didnt help. Finally, did a factory reset. I'm getting sound now! No idea what was wrong, settings are same as earlier.

Great that you got it up and running. Do share your impressions versus whatever you were using earlier.

I also figured out why my USBridge used to suddenly stop playing. The router that's connected to the Sparky is powered from the power outlet in the switch board (along with switches and regulators for fans and room lighting). Sometimes when I switched on or off a fan or light, the vibration on the switchboard was enough to temporarily disconnect power to the router because of a loose connection. The router is now powered from another source. So far so good.

Great that you got it up and running. Do share your impressions versus whatever you were using earlier.
Have spent enough time over the week to form an opinion. I was using Win10 laptop with optimised Foobar. Did A/B testing with alternating the usb cable between Laptop and USBridge and listening to the same song. USBridge sounds cleaner, open, fuller and punchy.

On a different topic and hope the OP does not mind

I am using hqplayer with dietpi for sometime now with usbridge and quite happy with the results. Was wondering what player others are using

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back