Altec Lansing-FX-5051 V/S JBL's Encounter !

augustine

Hi Everyone,

I am looking out for some Good Quality External speakers to connect to my Laptop. And I am confused between buying a 2.1 or a 5.1 Speaker system. My objective is, when I am listening to Music or watching Movies on my Laptop I should get a out of the world sound experience. I am also more in to listening Club Music so for me the speakers that I go for should have good Bass, When I mean Bass it should just not sound as if someone is Hitting hard on some Drum, it should be a good clear, stereo, Bass but a balanced sound. So I am in two minds on should I go for a 2.1 or a 5.1 Sound system. My requirement again is Club, Disco Like Sound Effect for enjoying Fast Paced Music (Trance, Club Music) with some more emphasis on Bass ( not entirely but quite a bit). And also good Stereo Cinema surround Theatre like sound for watching Movies on DVD and Studio, I have shortlisted 2 speakers Altec Lansing FX-5051

Altec Lansing > PC AUDIO > For Style & Sound > FX5051

and JBL's Encounter

JBL Home Audio

Can somone please advice appropriately...

Thanks

The speaker AVI ADM9 suggested by a 'unleash_me' above is priced 1000 GBP. Thats around 84,000 in INR.

Coming back to the topic, I haven't heard the two specific models you mention.
But I have heard other Altec and JBL speakers.
Always liked Altec sound better than JBL. This is across the model range I would say, from lower end to higher. JBL always sounded a bit harsh to me.

May I suggest, Audioengine Model-A2 Desktop Speakers.

You can read the sterophile review here.

They are available in India and the reseller and distibutor contacts are avilable at the AudioEngine web site.

The are roughly priced around Rs 10,000/-. Can expect a discount on these if you persist.

Hmm....The A2s sound like a good option to plug into my plasma TV to make the sound from it a bit more palatable.....what say?

The speaker AVI ADM9 suggested by a 'unleash_me' above is priced 1000 GBP. Thats around 84,000 in INR.

Coming back to the topic, I haven't heard the two specific models you mention.
But I have heard other Altec and JBL speakers.
Always liked Altec sound better than JBL. This is across the model range I would say, from lower end to higher. JBL always sounded a bit harsh to me.

May I suggest, Audioengine Model-A2 Desktop Speakers.

You can read the sterophile review here.

They are available in India and the reseller and distibutor contacts are avilable at the AudioEngine web site.

The are roughly priced around Rs 10,000/-. Can expect a discount on these if you persist.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back