Alternatives for Yamaha HTiB YHT-392 (Pune)

0% EMI would be restricted to ICICI CC. In terms of discount coupon, I thought coupons work on the first day of the deal. Also vodafone users can avail of the 25% max Rs.750 off (not sure how the vodafone coupon works thought)

No AFAIK - No coupon for deal of the week

what is vodaphone coupoun? how do you get that?

Hi Guys,

I find the below deal very tempting -

Yamaha RX-V465 + NSP-110 5.1 Ch Home @ Rs.26999/-

eBay India: Yamaha RX-V465 + NSP-110 5.1 Ch Home Theatre System (item 120613361731 end time 24-Sep-2010 10:12:53 IST)

Need help, cant resist.

NSP 110 are bad -- take my word
Chk specs - i think sub is just 6 inches and what i understand speakers are 1 way only.
BTW they are available for 6000 IMHO not worth
So 27K -6 K = 21 K
21>18 or 21-18=3

So IMHO not so great deal...if you have coupoun then too you will save max 750-1000 RS ..still not great.

Why you are not thinking of Onkyo 3300..IMHO VERY GOOD VFM ( Check our forum)

Hi Hemant,

Somehow i had Yamaha in my mind, but going by your opinion i checked the specs for Onkyo 3300 and definitely found it good in terms of technology & VFM. Will check if can find a demo at some of the outlets in Pune.

As a novice, two doubts on this products which i read on few of the reviews-
1) The sub-woofer in this HTiB is not Active Sub, does that make a difference in the quality output of the bass?
2) The AVR is a Repeater and not Pass-Thru, now does this also make a difference in the output?
Your expert review please

Hi Hemant,

Somehow i had Yamaha in my mind, but going by your opinion i checked the specs for Onkyo 3300 and definitely found it good in terms of technology & VFM. Will check if can find a demo at some of the outlets in Pune.

As a novice, two doubts on this products which i read on few of the reviews-
1) The sub-woofer in this HTiB is not Active Sub, does that make a difference in the quality output of the bass?
2) The AVR is a Repeater and not Pass-Thru, now does this also make a difference in the output?
Your expert review please

If you connect a DVD/BD player via HDMI to the Receiver with HDMI passthrough, you must also connect the digital audio optical or coax cable to the AVR too. The AVR will output the HDMI video and will decode (lossy) audio from the digital audio cable.

Receivers that have HDMI repeater functions may have one or more features, such as decoding audio via the HDMI input, up-conversion et. al.

Last edited:
Check This

http://www.hifivision.com/hot-deals/12523-pricing-info-alfa-yamaha-465-mission.html#post173176
Yesterday ((10-9-2010) visited firt viola nr airport and then alfa.
I was running so no deep info or auditions

ALL PRICES WITH BILL N WARENTEE

1) RX-V465 is discontinued ,it will be replaced by 467 ,no stocks now price around 22000 Rs.

2) ALAFA LAST PIECES YAMAHA RX-V465 AVAILABLE WITH BILL N WARRANTE

3) MISSION 5.1 SPEAKER PACKAGE -8 INCH ACTIVE SUB ,4 BOOKSHELVES AND 1 CENRE FOR 15500 - WITTH BILL N WARENTEE..
I THINK THIS IS REALLY GOOD

So Yamaha 465+ Mission=33500
Onkyo 3300 - you cannort upgrade the sub which is passive - so this seems good with active woofer

Add your transportation ,petrol etc.

please help me between two? I need to buy this weekend...
RX-V467 and jbl scs 200.5

or

Onkyo 3300

Check This

http://www.hifivision.com/hot-deals/12523-pricing-info-alfa-yamaha-465-mission.html#post173176
Yesterday ((10-9-2010) visited firt viola nr airport and then alfa.
I was running so no deep info or auditions

ALL PRICES WITH BILL N WARENTEE

1) RX-V465 is discontinued ,it will be replaced by 467 ,no stocks now price around 22000 Rs.

2) ALAFA LAST PIECES YAMAHA RX-V465 AVAILABLE WITH BILL N WARRANTE

3) MISSION 5.1 SPEAKER PACKAGE -8 INCH ACTIVE SUB ,4 BOOKSHELVES AND 1 CENRE FOR 15500 - WITTH BILL N WARENTEE..
I THINK THIS IS REALLY GOOD

So Yamaha 465+ Mission=33500
Onkyo 3300 - you cannort upgrade the sub which is passive - so this seems good with active woofer

Add your transportation ,petrol etc.

The Mission 5.1, is it the MV-DS which Vijay Sales is selling for 17k?

please help me between two? I need to buy this weekend...
RX-V467 and jbl scs 200.5

or

Onkyo 3300

pls reply need to buy in day or two...

pls confirm can i attach ACTIVE sub woofer to Onkyo 3300 later on....

Hi Hemant,

Had been offline for sometime, life has kept me busy :-(

However have been visiting malls/shops in Pune for the demos and having a very bad experience on the products being displayed.

Have opened a different thread on this.....

Regards,
Girish

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back