Alternatives for Yamaha HTiB YHT-392 (Pune)

girish_sutar

Hi Guys,

After reading all features for YHT-392, I thought of freezing on this product. I liked the overall performance of the speakers & sub and also the features available in the AVR HTR-6230 which i heard at Vijay Sales, Pune.

However thought of asking the experts here if there are any alternatives available to YHT-392 for below of my preferences -
Watching Airtel STB 40%, Music 40%, Movies 20%
Budget between - 30K to 35K
Roomsize - 11X15

I have checked with Vijay Sales and eZone in Pune but could not find products other that Onkyo, Yamaha & Sensei. Had also visited Bose, but definitely way beyond budget.
Are there any other places where I can find more alternatives in Pune with above budget?

Regards,
Girish

This package is
AV Receiver RX-V465
5.1-Channel Speaker Package NS-P270
right?

Buy RX-V 465 Sepratly
Im Mumbai Alfa price was 18 k with bill and warentee if I am not mistaken
Spend rest on speakers as yamaha low end speakers are bad

A suggestion JBLS Basic 5.1 package ( I think SBS 140) is available in hypercity @ Rs 13 or 14 k with JBL headphones free.IMHO better package than Yamaha

or stretch a little bit and buy a decent 5.1 package.

@hemant
YHT-392 would be HTR-6230 receiver + NS-P380 5.1 Speakers

@girish
u can go with hemant's suggestion, get the RX-V465 + some decent speakers
someone has posted in the price thread that the Mission MV-DS is available for 17k at Vijay Sales, check them out
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/3918-pricelist-speakers-27.html

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

After reading all features for YHT-392, I thought of freezing on this product. I liked the overall performance of the speakers & sub and also the features available in the AVR HTR-6230 which i heard at Vijay Sales, Pune.

However thought of asking the experts here if there are any alternatives available to YHT-392 for below of my preferences -
Watching Airtel STB 40%, Music 40%, Movies 20%
Budget between - 30K to 35K
Roomsize - 11X15

I have checked with Vijay Sales and eZone in Pune but could not find products other that Onkyo, Yamaha & Sensei. Had also visited Bose, but definitely way beyond budget.
Are there any other places where I can find more alternatives in Pune with above budget?

Regards,
Girish

Hello Girish

Shouldn't you be looking at future proofing your purchase? I feel anyone who is buying an AVR ought to have Lossless decoders like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio decoders on board and not just HDMI pass through but HDMI input to actually process those lossless audio.

I didn't see any of those features in 392's specifications. 6230 might be a better choice, but you ought to be auditioning some more (especially Onk and Den) before you zero in.

Best,

Deepchand

Girish,

Irrespective of anything, you ought to have DTS HD-MA, and Dolby TrueHD decoders on board and HDMI I/Os actually doing the job.

Deepchand

Onkyo 3300 seems to be a cheaper and better option, also because of it's more than decent AVR, which decodes HD Audio and DTS Master Audio etc. (which the Yamaha RX-V465 does too, btw).

Thanks for all your valuable feedbacks and i am definitely going to relook at my options. Yamaha RX V365/465 which i would like to explore alongwith JBL/Mission is what i would like to explore, however would they match with the AVR?
Also what would Polka Audio cost me for a 5.1 speakers?

Hi Hemant!
Thanks for your comparative link which you send for Yamaha Europe and Yamaha India, definitely an eye opener!
Its like I they are selling all the archived products in India.

Thanks & Regards,
Girish

Hello Everyone,

Was browing the Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands website for Yamaha RX-V465 and found this product at Rs.21,490/- (Product Price at Rs.14477 + Customs Rs. 2719 + Shipping Rs. 7013)

Yamaha RXV465 5.1-Channel High Performance Digital A/V Home Theater Receiver with HD Audio decoding, 1080p-compatible HDMI, YPAO, New SCENE functionality & 17 CINEMA DSP programs < Receivers & Amplifiers < Home Audio < TV & Home Theatre < Electronics

What are your view on this? Instead of purchasing through this site can Dealers in Pune provide me at cheaper rates?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Girish

Hello Everyone,

Was browing the Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands website for Yamaha RX-V465 and found this product at Rs.21,490/- (Product Price at Rs.14477 + Customs Rs. 2719 + Shipping Rs. 7013)

Yamaha RXV465 5.1-Channel High Performance Digital A/V Home Theater Receiver with HD Audio decoding, 1080p-compatible HDMI, YPAO, New SCENE functionality & 17 CINEMA DSP programs < Receivers & Amplifiers < Home Audio < TV & Home Theatre < Electronics

What are your view on this? Instead of purchasing through this site can Dealers in Pune provide me at cheaper rates?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Girish

WHY US??????????????

US Product so 110 Volt ,So additional cost of step down transformer..

Please read other threads

RX-V 465 WAS available for 18000 in Alfa Mumbai -with bill and warentee what I heard I was there)

Someone got 19000 in Voila Mumbai

Chennai price was 17000

all this was with bill n warentee

SO WHAT ADVANTAGE US IS GIVING ? AND WHAT ABOUT ADDITIONAL HASSLE OF PROCURING STEP DOWN TRANSFORMER?

Thanks Everyone!
Makes sense of whatever you have suggested.

You guys have really helped me to finalize on good future ready receiver i.e Yamaha RX-V465.

I had also checked the JBL speakers to support this at the Sound Factor yeseterday, but somehow found them little too loud and thumping, lot of punch, is it because of the Harman/Kardon AVR to which it was connected.

Will these speakers go absoultely well with RX-V465?

if you are keen to buy the RX-V465 from ebay.in (coupon & emi advantage), the distributor has informed me that the 465 will be on deals of the week tomorrow for Rs.19,990/- free shipping with bill & warranty

if you are keen to buy the RX-V465 from ebay.in (coupon & emi advantage), the distributor has informed me that the 465 will be on deals of the week tomorrow for Rs.19,990/- free shipping with bill & warranty

Deals of the week - No coupon can be used
BTW Max coupoun I saw is of 1000

Still retail value is better ,only advantage may be EMI ,that to restricted to very few banks.

Deals of the week - No coupon can be used
BTW Max coupoun I saw is of 1000

Still retail value is better ,only advantage may be EMI ,that to restricted to very few banks.

0% EMI would be restricted to ICICI CC. In terms of discount coupon, I thought coupons work on the first day of the deal. Also vodafone users can avail of the 25% max Rs.750 off (not sure how the vodafone coupon works thought)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back