Alternatives to FedEx for ground shipping

Naturelover

Staff member
I have used FedEx ground shipping for heavy packages with full satisfaction.
FedEx have now discontinued domestic operations in India.
Looking for alternatives.

Thanks

I wanted to ship some heavy appliances and saw that Gati was giving a good price. They also were willing to package it in wooden crates for me.

Bluedart for electronics, DTDC for smaller or more robust material and Gati for stuff which cannot break !
Have been trying to reach bluedart call center for one hour today. Their toll-free/ contact numbers are not working. Not sure what to do in case they mess up with the courier.

Used Blue Dart a couple of weeks back to ship my 35 Kg Amp to Pune Cadence, reached in 3 days without a hitch using their ground service. Amp was picked up from home . Total paid was about 1600 odd bucks.

Happy with their service.

I have used DTDC extensive for shipping heavy products all across India , it's a bit expensive but good.

Bluedart is now own by FedEx l guess. So they stopped domestic shipping.
No, not like that
FedEx owns Delhivery now.
So under delhivery they are doing domestic and FedEx does only international.

But delhivery services are pathetic.

But courier like Shri maruti have understanding with FedEx to fullfill their domestic business. Now if this is for all routes or certain not very sure.

No, not like that
FedEx owns Delhivery now.
So under delhivery they are doing domestic and FedEx does only international.

But delhivery services are pathetic.

But courier like Shri maruti have understanding with FedEx to fullfill their domestic business. Now if this is for all routes or certain not very sure.
Blue Dart and FedEx had a collaboration previously. That was terminated and Blue Dart and DHL then had a collaboration. Whether that exists still, I don't know.
FedEx does not own Delhivery. They have a collaboration with Delhivery now like they had a collaboration with Blue Dart. As part of that collaboration, FedEx has picked up a stake in Delhivery.

Blue Dart and FedEx had a collaboration previously. That was terminated and Blue Dart and DHL then had a collaboration. Whether that exists still, I don't know.
FedEx does not own Delhivery. They have a collaboration with Delhivery now like they had a collaboration with Blue Dart. As part of that collaboration, FedEx has picked up a stake in Delhivery.
Correct Keith
Thats more accurate
Its a stake in delhivery that FedEx has.

@Naturelover I've learnt the hard way that, if one doesn't have the original packing, it is best to hand carry. A return train ticket for someone you assign for this purpose can cost less than courier charges.
My products were damaged even with original boxes and wooden box also . Courier was dtdc.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back