Aluminium record conversion

Jyo

We have an Aluminium record belonging to my grandfather which is with my father in Bangalore.
I wanted to check, if you know of any location where we can get this record converted to digital audio.

Thanks.

Jyo,
Probably it is a negative master of some vinyl album.
Regards

Nice rare thing in your possession. But I think Hiten is correct and hence I am rating it conservatively on the basis of usage; but nevertheless its a great commemorative to possess and should be a nice display item esp. placed in proximity to your vinyl collection.

I would have even hung this in a glass display in my living room:D:D:D
Do post a pic of it.

Regards,
Saket

Thanks. My father says that this record was made in the 40s in USA when my grandfather visited for studies.
Can you give me the contact info of the person in Chennai?

Converting from Vinyl to FLAC is a different process. I think what Jyo needs is to get a Vinyl (or some other format) pressed using this master. Jyo, you would be better off searching around in US. Maybe some of the record companies here might help you out...for a fee of course.

Jyo,
If it has a lable can you tell which vinyl album is this ?
regards

Jyo,

correlating the point of aluminum record/your grandfathers visit to U.S, there is a good chance this could be his own recording.

i read somewhere, during the early days, there used to be recording phonograph kiosks installed in railway station, and any one can get their voices recorder for few penny.

these discs cannot be played in any modern day T.T's.

the only option is to play it in the gramophone that too with a wooden needle and get it recorded through a microphone. playing with a normal steel gramophone needle will spoil the grooves.

i can give it a try.. but i am also on the look out for wooden needles.

the only option is to play it in the gramophone that too with a wooden needle and get it recorded through a microphone. playing with a normal steel gramophone needle will spoil the grooves.

i can give it a try.. but i am also on the look out for wooden needles.
IMO, this could spoil the costly diamond tip of stylus before any groove damage.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back