Amazon.com Prime Instant Video: Cheap bypass US region restriction, stream in India?

Re: Amazon.com Prime Instant Video: Cheap bypass US region restriction, stream in Ind

Bro..... you seriously underestimating me ... I have used Genesis and truck loads of other TV Addons,(I basically brought XBMC into this forum) I dont even remember, Phoenix was there, icefilms ... blah blah .... Most if them uses torrents or file locker sites etc to bring the streaming content ...... My experience was just ok, lots of time it would work exceptionally good, many times it wont work all together. If I wanted to see a specific TV episode of say "The Big Bang Theory" I would search it,(No not search... I dont think and remember if Genises had even a search option) I think you just go to something like "Most Popular"and find the TV series, select it and play, and the damm thing will just display the on going circle that its connecting or buffering or what ever ( this is on the same 50Mbps connection), then you choose another source, and another hoping one would work. I would say 6 out of 10 times it would work but not every time. The quality of the stream also was pretty questionable ..... sometimes it would be acceptable other times its crap. I dont think I ever got 1080p on these XBMC channels. All this used to leave me unsatisfied. I would rather pay on Netflix and Amazon Prime and play the content with full confidence that its gonna play and that too in proper 1080p, 5.1 DD quality.

Check out this link and go to comment section and see what all people are saying, thats the exact thing I am talking about. With Netflix, Amazon and the likes, you do not face any such issues, they just work. I dont seriously like the feel when you sit for your Sun Breakfast and wanna enjoy a quick episode of Stark Trek (TOS) or Big Bang and when you play it, it wont,,,,, for what ever got damm reason. So you just keep fumbling trying what will play and settle for that ...... hate that ..... With netflix I know, when I start my Breakfast and load Stark Trek (TOS) its gonna play without any fuss and in full 1080p glory ...

Hope I was able to make my point a wee bit clear ....

Last edited:
Re: Amazon.com Prime Instant Video: Cheap bypass US region restriction, stream in Ind

Ok no1s under whatever mating you bro.we have seen your posts for a long time and know your knowledge and appreciate it..so please don't be offended.. Point taken.. I agree on the dd part atleast and quality is never that great and if it is it does buffer even on high speed connections on kodi.. But still since i wont pay for hulu plus netflix and hbo go together and top it up with smart dns i would stick with my free options..now back to topic

well for free yes I would say its ok ....... if you wanna be free try Popcorn Time .... its a desktop application, and works purely on torrent streaming ....... again its hit or miss, but I was able to view full one season of Big Bang Theory. Once it start playing you can cast it to big screen. This is how it looks

r0zg5s.jpg

Got the kodi plugin.. Works like a charm.. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

^^ For popcorntime ???

Yeah..saw a cpl movies on it yesterday..found it Better than genesis for movies.. I was actually tired of casting and downloading business so i got myself the pi and got into kodi permanently.. Still adding plugins but i love the experience

Cool I didnt know that Kodi has a plugin for PopcornTime as well. Can you direct me to the link to install plugin for popCorn. I might as well give it a try.

I have been using un-blockus.com for almost 2 years.

In case you want to experiment, here's a referral code that will give you a month of free usage:
http://unblk.us/xx8B

Can be remotely configured/diagnosed easily, so your parents won't need to worry.

Works well across the following use cases:
1. Netflix on WDTV, PC, ipad, Fire TV
2. Amazon Prime across PC, mobile (on WIFI) Fire TV
3. BBC iplayer on browser, Hulu

(Doesn't work for Spotify)

It has worked on multiple devices (though not all at once of course), is cheaper (bills in Canadian dollars), and has consistently been giving great pain-free service.

It also allows you to choose which Netflix region.

I get fullHD streams on Airtel 8 Mbps.

I have also sometimes been able to make it work on a tethered Ipad over 3G, but it is a royal pain if you're in a vehicle etc. I use a unlimited-for-life VPN called TigerVPN for on the road usage.

As a result of all this, i haven't felt the need to have a cable/DTH connection, download, or waste time with Popcorn Time.

Popcorn time is free Bro, and the rest options are paid, not everyone is inclined to pay for these activities. I (and lot many others) have been using smartDNSproxy for 2 years now.Initially was using it for netflix only but now I have added Amazon Prime Video as well. Obviously I have to pay for all these activities. But for people who do not want to pay, alternatives like PopCorn Time and all the TP plugins for Kodi are great options ...

^^ lol ...:) its never 50mbps exactly, mostly it hovers around 30-35 and at nights its 45-48mbps, which is more than enough to stream even 4K content on youtube ...:)

FUP : 100GB and I am paying 2200/month inclusive tax and all, which is not very cheap neither I would say its very expensive with the speed and FUP I have got.

Tech : its plain cable modem, with coaxial cable, nothing fancy ... :)

At the time of typing this post below is what I am getting .....

1537 all inclusive airtel 16mbps 82gb.. Can't trust anyone else in bangalore.. No major downtime in two years tchwud
.. Netflix was a charm till i used it.. Then ipTv and Kodi happened so junked Netflix
Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Those are decent prices. First time I heard of Cable modem + Coax in India. It was either local cable guy with messy Ethernet mesh or DSL.

I was jealous of my cousin raving about Beam in Hyd and now I hear great things of ACT in Bangalore. You'd pick them over Airtel?

Whats funny is I got into XBMC in the US when it was still developed on Xbox... almost a decade back. Always loved it but kind of dropped off the Add-on bandwagon due to crappy net speeds in India at the time. Since i go back & forth I always hate net in India.. but maybe now there is hope.. on the Horizon.

I am running an XBMC / Kodi on ATV1 now.. does well with my NAS. The next Streamer box will be more powerful, but waiting for 4K stuff to settle a bit.

But, I am wondering if I can add some very few streaming add-ons without crumbling the ATV1. Suggestions of reliable add-on + sources and given the ATV1's crunching abilities & India internet speeds.. ?

But, you of all the people, should know of the options available in Kodi to stream ;)

Bro you seriously need Genesis if you don't yet have it on kodi.. Bypassing geoblocks is as much unofficial as it gets.. If you have the right plugins i get you won't need anything else..
By the way big fan of your user guides and ht project..

Last edited:

I am running an XBMC / Kodi on ATV1 now.. does well with my NAS. The next Streamer box will be more powerful, but waiting for 4K stuff to settle a bit.

But, I am wondering if I can add some very few streaming add-ons without crumbling the ATV1. Suggestions of reliable add-on + sources and given the ATV1's crunching abilities & India internet speeds.. ?

Try Yatse, it works well from Android to kodi.

Just experimented with a similar service called Getflix which runs out of Australia.
Experienced a phenomenal boost in start-up and title-access speeds for Netflix.
They have a DNS server in Pune which helps.

Infinitely more configurable than unblock-us as well, and also offers free DNS-over-VPN for when you are trying to access from hotel wifi etc. Also providing VPN, but I couldn't find details of that.

There was a real cool deal available through several online outlets which gave me a lifetime subscription for the equivalent of 9 months upfront payment.

I am definitely switching.

Getflix is from smartdnsproxy that what most of us are using, and indeed the best one of DNS service of all the services I have tried (and I have tried a lot) ... :)

Yes, the important bit was that for USD39 (which is the smartdnsproxy pricing for an annual subscription) you will get a lifetime subscription to the service.
That sounded like a killer bargain.

Getflix is from smartdnsproxy that what most of us are using, and indeed the best one of DNS service of all the services I have tried (and I have tried a lot) ... :)

Life time deal is still on. I just saw it on NeoWins promo site.

Just experimented with a similar service called Getflix which runs out of Australia.
Experienced a phenomenal boost in start-up and title-access speeds for Netflix.
They have a DNS server in Pune which helps.

Infinitely more configurable than unblock-us as well, and also offers free DNS-over-VPN for when you are trying to access from hotel wifi etc. Also providing VPN, but I couldn't find details of that.

There was a real cool deal available through several online outlets which gave me a lifetime subscription for the equivalent of 9 months upfront payment.

I am definitely switching.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back