Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:)

Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

I watch Netflix through Roku 3 only. Understand from customer support of Smartdnsproxy that they are working on the issue of proxy blockers. No time line provided for early resolution.

The "*" button on remote tells what is the resolution Netflix is running if pressed while Netflix is running.

Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

I occasionally get DNS error like one or two time on 40-45 minutes, but I am able to stream. I just close the netflix app on windows 10, reopen and it starts working again.

I have not tried via smart proxy VPN will do that and report.

Thought to update, if DNS is not working for some reason, like with me DNS was working but occationaly I was getting PROXY error in netflix, what I did was to use VPN from smartdns only and then fired up NETFLIX ...not only did it work but also I did not get any error during the entire time I was watching the TV series. This is on Netflix app on windows 10 I am talking about that I use to view US Netflix.

I now use Roku 3 to view India netflix.

Last edited:

^^ Something else might be wrong, not only I use India Netflix, I stream US netflix as well via DNS and in both the cases I get full 1080p within seconds. I am not on any fiber net or anything. I am on plain simple Airtel 16mbps connection. And this is not only on Roku 3 but also on normal windows 10 machine running Netflix app, both reach 1080p within seconds, usually < 5

If so then my ISP (Spectranet) may not have sufficient bandwidth Netflix. Terrible if so as I do have a standby Airtel Broadband which I can try.

Yes do try Airtel, I also have a standby "Hathway" running in parallel, that I primarily use to download, for all streaming activities its Airtel....:)

Hi Sam

I am posting few of the questions here as I have an upgrade in both my location and setup. Hope you can help me with this....

I have moved to Kuala Lumpur and recently acquired a 4K TV (X93D 55").
Yet to save some bucks for HT and all...

Here comes my questions....

Are you able to stream Netflix US via SmartDNSProxy?
I have been checking it since long...and it never worked in last one and half months... All the time Proxy error!!

One more observation:- All the Netflix Originals 4K shows are available in this region... However I really wanna try other shows available on Netflix USA which are not available in my region.

with SmartDNSProxy or I tried few other DNS Proxy services as a trial and but none of them have been able to stream beyond 720p...(just once in a bluemoon max 1080p) ...

I tried streaming the 4K shows via SmartDNSProxy and none of them went beyond 1080p!!

Is this a technical limitation with SmartDNS services that they can't stream beyond a limit? Or some other reason?

Netflix US is not working via smartdnsproxy ....they are still working on it. and there is no ETA to it, neither is it confirmed that it will even work again. Rest services like Amazon Prime are working ...

You can try come other dns or VPN service.

Netflix US is not working via smartdnsproxy ....they are still working on it. and there is no ETA to it, neither is it confirmed that it will even work again. Rest services like Amazon Prime are working ...

You can try come other dns or VPN service.
Thanks Sam :)
Any idea on why I am not able to get consistent 1080p streaming through smartDNS ?
The max I get is only 720p... 90% of times!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

i have used 90% of the vpn services that other FM have outlined the best in my opinion was the services provided by getflix.au.. its a dns based (paid - free trial )service which removes the geo restriction, Works very well almost on all devices both ios , android, roku..I never had any downtime when i was using for more 2 months but couldnt since i couldnt find time later.

What about YuppTV. some of the people like me are using the YuppTV. When i was in Netherlands, I have take the package for Kannada Live TV Channels and i am feeling excellent with their services and support. I don't know about Netflix and other. But as per the reviews all of the people given me the good suggestion about YuppTV other than the remaining IPTV Service Providers.

Just signed up for Netflix this past weekend.
So far I have been using AppleTV to access the service and it's great.

I have the older generation AppleTVs and it's been seamless so far.
It helps to have a good internet connection as you tend to use a lot of bandwidth.
I have been using ACT for years and I highly recommend them.

Is there someone who is willing to share cost of netflix subscription?

UPdate .. ::: Netflix now gives an option of offline viewing on Android and iOS devices ..

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/30/netflix-adding-offline-playback-mode/?sr_source=Twitter

Personally checked and it works, make sure your Netflix app is updated to the latest version.
Cool :)... Just trying it for my 5 hour train journey. Works great... HD quality download size is quite similar to the 720p file of TV show episodes via torrents. They even have subtitles in the downloaded files. Netflix really rocks :))
1a8fec427c95a654fb0f9253a85cc819.jpg

Update ::::

First time, on Netflix, the recent update added Indian TV series, well Pakistani technically, but someone there in Netflix is smart and has brains (when it comes to adding subcontinent TV media), and its good to see they did not add any Indian typical crap TV but adopted from "Zindagi Live" channel (which is basically Pakistan TV series) and I have seen couple of them on that channel and they are trillion times better in all departments than any current crap on Indian Channels as far as Dramas and soap opera goes. They added 3 of them for now, and hope fully we will see more.

Last edited:

I have recently watched a comedy series "Brown Nation" which is also kinda Indian with all major actors Indian or of Indian origin... however the show is primarily in English plus Hindi and Punjabi here and there... Liked it pretty though... Couple of episodes were really hilarious

Also an Israeli TV series called "FAUDA" has got my attention....if we know Homeland was inspired from an Israeli show...so I'm looking forward to watch FAUDA soon :)
c27778c29bfc0f6667ac63a8d1af433c.jpg

^^ This looks good, added to my watch list ... :)

Another interesting Indian Production added was ....COURT .... Netflix is adding some really rare gems ...... We should all keep sharing so that all Netflix lovers know what all is there .... :)

Another interesting Indian Production added was ....COURT .... Netflix is adding some really rare gems ...... We should all keep sharing so that all Netflix lovers know what all is there .... :)
Cool... Never heard about this movie and as you know the word "Court" itself is enough for us to add it to watchlist... I'll watch it tonight itself

Back