Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:)

Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

I have started getting VPN/DNS error from Netflix again, tried canada snd UK. Any one else facing the issue, this is with smartdnsproxy I am talking about ..

YEP talked to CC and says only US and UK region working, none other, engg are still working

Last edited:
Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

No region working currently on Smart DNS Proxy. Even India is giving me a tvp-830 error . I have proxy turned off. Really frustrating.

You guys should check out a VPN service, DNS services will have their limitations.

I've been using VPN for ages and everything from Hulu, Amazon, HBO, and Netflix works.

Even services like Spotify and Tidal work without issues.

No need to switch DNS in router or anything. Simply add in the VPN on the router (if supported) or you get apps and s/w for specific devices like PC, smartphone, tablet, etc.

And it does not cost much over a DNS service and the b/w is unlimited for everything. Speeds are excellent and for all intents and purposes you are 100% in a country... even banks, PayPal, etc. can't tell the difference.

No region working currently on Smart DNS Proxy. Even India is giving me a tvp-830 error . I have proxy turned off. Really frustrating.

Dushie, something else is wrong, India should work under all conditions. mine is working here ..... India and UK both ....

Do you have chromecast, if player does not work for some reason, access netflix from browser (edit the dns on computer itself temporarily), then beam it to tv via chromecast. I use this way from one ISP, with other ISP connected to Roku. So I can access Netflix for 2 regions simultaniously. Works flawlessly. I keep chromecast access to India Netflix for ease of access and Roku is set to US or UK

Last edited:

You guys should check out a VPN service, DNS services will have their limitations.

I've been using VPN for ages and everything from Hulu, Amazon, HBO, and Netflix works.

Even services like Spotify and Tidal work without issues.

No need to switch DNS in router or anything. Simply add in the VPN on the router (if supported) or you get apps and s/w for specific devices like PC, smartphone, tablet, etc.

And it does not cost much over a DNS service and the b/w is unlimited for everything. Speeds are excellent and for all intents and purposes you are 100% in a country... even banks, PayPal, etc. can't tell the difference.

Which VPN do you use and what is the monthly charge? How do you add it in the router? Will it work on roku?

^^ VPN ain't worth I am telling you from experience, its much expensive and literally screws your internet speed. There is a min 5-10% drop in your bandwidth. Even hide my ass the top VPN service cannot guarantee a no speed drop while on VPN. Been there. Done that experience ....

Hi...

May I know which DNS settings you're using at SmartDnsProxy.com ?
I tried to use following combinations:
Singapore - Australia
Singapore - US
US - US

Netflix worked fine; however Amazon Prime Video app is not able to login after using SmartDnsProxy and it throws some error. I am accessing this app via a Bluray player.

Regards.

Netflix is not leaving us alone .... all regions from smartproxydns have been removed and only US is available ... CC says they are working on this. Anyone else having the same issue with other DNS providers. ?

Was unable to access Netflix USA via Roku3 through Smartdnsproxy since yesterday evening.

The proxy user message is coming across screen.

Anybody facing the same problem?:sad:

Please help.

Which VPN do you use and what is the monthly charge? How do you add it in the router? Will it work on roku?

Give Tunnelbear a try. Cost will be less than $5 pm if paying yearly. I've used it and it has support for multiple devices including apps for Android and iOS.

Another good service is StrongVPN, but its more expensive.

Router depends on the model... most do not.

Yes it works on Roku too... I use it.

Last edited:

Netflix - Since now they are getting local services running, they want to lock down things.

Terrible bandwidth management. I am on Spectranet 100Mbps FTTH and youtube 4k works like a charm like any other services. Netflix hardly give bandwidth of 2Mbps resulting in low resolution content where even 480p hardly comes. While 1080p was consistently coming during my trial period, its hardly comes 10% of the time. Never streamed on my Galaxy S6 phone suggesting a software issue.

Calling them takes you to hopeless US based support staff who can only read out troubleshooting steps on their websites or forward the same through emails!

^^ Something else might be wrong, not only I use India Netflix, I stream US netflix as well via DNS and in both the cases I get full 1080p within seconds. I am not on any fiber net or anything. I am on plain simple Airtel 16mbps connection. And this is not only on Roku 3 but also on normal windows 10 machine running Netflix app, both reach 1080p within seconds, usually < 5

Unable to watch Netflix USA over the past 3 days through SmartDNSProxy.

Anybody else facing the same problem.

I occasionally get DNS error like one or two time on 40-45 minutes, but I am able to stream. I just close the netflix app on windows 10, reopen and it starts working again.

I have not tried via smart proxy VPN will do that and report.

No problems getting hd on BSNL FTTH 8 MBPS.How does one know if Netflix is streaming 720p or 1080p ?

^^ how are you accessing Netflix?

I watch Netflix through Roku 3 only. Understand from customer support of Smartdnsproxy that they are working on the issue of proxy blockers. No time line provided for early resolution.

Last edited:

No problems getting hd on BSNL FTTH 8 MBPS.How does one know if Netflix is streaming 720p or 1080p ?

You can see the same through Netflix settings - 720p or 1080p

^^ how are you accessing Netflix?

Netflix app on laptop to marantz to tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssf View Post
You can see the same through Netflix settings - 720p or 1080p

cant find settings in app when movie is streaming

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back