Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:)

Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

Was able to again watch Netflix through Unblock US VPN. They have changed the DNS servers. However, it is taking slightly more time for buffering as the VPN servers are based in USA for watching USA Netflix.

Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

Latest update from Smart Dns Proxy FB page

=================================================

NETWORK UPDATE: Engineers decided the route they will use for unblocking Netflix on all devices.
New agreements are made with the data centers to cover all our global users Netflix traffic. There is no ETA at the moment but we expect to make few more devices to work by the weekend.
Thank you for your support.

=================================================

Hope they fix this and put an end to this headache. Last few days has been crazy.

UPdate Update :::: Tested with PureVPN,(since that was listed to be the best after the expensive HMA VPN), asked them if they can provide me a trial connection (and not money back thingi), I might take their services .... to my surprise they agreed, (I guess they had specially prepared a trial thing for customers like me who are looking for US Channels playback) ... anyway I got the trial UN and Pass and a specific server for netflix to connect to (their regular ones seems not to be working). Created the connection and connected ...... speedtest.net literally degraded my speed to 4-5mbps from 16mbps (airtel), BUT BUT again to my surprise, both Netflix and Amazon Prime Video worked flawlessly in it full 1080p glory, well APV might be 720 but it was as clear as I would have hoped for ..... Only thing was I was playing on my laptop browser. (I dont have a VPN router as of now) I even connected my laptop to my TV via HDMI to see if its actually 1080p/720p and it did seem they were ..... So test passed. I will do some more testing in the next 2 days and see. Mean time anyone else interested can also ask them for a trial connection and do some testing ......

@sam9s,Netflix is even cracking down on personal vps servers in Vultr and Digital Ocean.
so do not commit to any VPN services yet. looks like only way out seems to proxify the entire stream
which adds massive overhead like how borderlessinternet found it -> https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlessinternet/comments/49mnf0/news_update/

I'm tied down to Getflix with lifetime subscription and they put this out

UPDATE (7th March): Netflix Geo-Location and Proxy Detection
Over the past few weeks, Netflix have started rolling out new geo-location and proxy detection. They started by detecting access to their service from known Proxy/VPN IP addresses and more recently have started performing geo-location checks on the actual video streams.
Some customers have both detection strategies enabled on their Netflix account, some have one and some have none. We expect Netflix to enable full detection on all customer accounts in the coming weeks. Which accounts get enabled and when appears to be random.
How do I know if my account is affected and what can I do?
If you can stream all Netflix regions on any device, you don't have any detection enabled. You don't need to do anything at this stage.
If you can stream only some Netflix regions (e.g. US, UK, CA, AU, DE) but not others, then you have the first detection method enabled. You don't need to do anything at this stage, please continue to use the supported regions only.
If you can only stream your local Netflix region, then you have both detection methods enabled. At this stage, you can set your Netflix region here to "Turn Off" to access your local Netflix OR set the region here to any "United States" option to access USA Netflix (using a web browser only at this stage).
We are working around the clock to provide a better solution. Please note that this change only affects Netflix, all other services are operational on all devices.

can't see any of these services surviving with current pricing.

Trying Borderless Internet via the router and it's working for some, but not for all. Netflix is working, even on my Android smartphone, but Spotify is not.

The advantage is being able to use all devices instead of being limited to a PC or a smartphone.

The disadvantage is slow speed, takes a while to even load Netflix website and even longer for the videos.

Borderless Internet did improve by the looks of it. I signed up a while back, but was not able to get Netflix and Hulu working, but right now they are working.

@sam9s,Netflix is even cracking down on personal vps servers in Vultr and Digital Ocean..

Yes I am aware of this, I am just venturing out options, blocking VPN would be difficult for Netflix, coz of the way VPN works. HULU tried and failed ... (http://www.hardwarezone.com.my/tech...-will-not-benefit-anyone-including-themselves) but I read somewhere, cant find the article that Netflix will keep allowing VPN as lots of legitimate US users use the same tech to watch Netflix when travelling and all.

None the less, I would not pay any VPN in bulk for now, (if I do decide to go VPN way), but on per month basis. That is the reason I did not go for lifetime subscription, not even 2 years. One year for me was still safe enough. My subscription with smartDNS ends in April so I will wait if they find a solution till then else time to look for alternatives (there would always be alternatives :))

Last edited:

BTW, smartproxydns is working for me again and looks good, saw complete justified 2 episodes yesterday night. This was on US DNS BTW.

Smart DNS Proxy's twitter account says

NETWORK UPDATE : US Netflix is back online for all accounts with all devices. If you are still having issues please reach our support team.

Yes I am aware of this, I am just venturing out options, blocking VPN would be difficult for Netflix, coz of the way VPN works. HULU tried and failed ... (Netflixs VPN ban will not benefit anyone, including themselves - HardwareZone.com.my) but I read somewhere, cant find the article that Netflix will keep allowing VPN as lots of legitimate US users use the same tech to watch Netflix when travelling and all.

None the less, I would not pay any VPN in bulk for now, (if I do decide to go VPN way), but on per month basis. That is the reason I did not go for lifetime subscription, not even 2 years. One year for me was still safe enough. My subscription with smartDNS ends in April so I will wait if they find a solution till then else time to look for alternatives (there would always be alternatives :))

actually its the other way around, they went after VPNs firstly by blocking their payment gateway and blocking the entire range of IPs owned by them Netflix Unblock VPN Petition has 38,000 signatures - Best 10 VPN Reviews and then pulled the plug on DNS relocators.
heard all newly created Netflix
accounts comes in with geo-location checks :mad:

I'm finding region switching exhausting and inclined towards a service like Smartflix, single library of all regions,
nothing comes closer to this in usability , only gripe they are restricted to 720p and run only on Win/Mac OS. Wish DNS relocaters would start working towards a similar app or simply buy them off :)

Why is Region Switching exhausting?, its just a matter of few clicks then .... logout netflix refresh and log in again .... ...

Smartflix is something new, not sure what exactly is this. Its just points to Netflix ....

Last edited:

Why is Region Switching exhausting?, its just a matter of few clicks then .... logout netflix refresh and log in again .... ...

Smartflix is something new, not sure what exactly is this. Its just points to Netflix ....

New to me too, but reading up on it.

It removes the need for region switching and gives you access to all regions of Netflix at the same time. In other words you have the entire Netflix catalog available to you with a single login, but via their app, which is limited to 720P.

BTW I got a mail from smartDNSproxy sharing with you all for some more clearity ..

Hello Samret,

We apologize for any inconveniences.

According to our network team, Netflix US on all devices are working properly by now. Please log in to your Smart DNS Proxy account, navigate to your Regions page, https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/MyAccount/sdp/regionconfiguration , you will see new US regions called US 2.(X). At the moment there is no difference for the users experience. Please make sure your Netflix Settings is ON and Region is Set to US, click Update then restart your device/s.

Please also expect that when the website or app is loading, it may take longer than usual. Please hold until it connects.

Please let us know how it goes.

Please provide feedback on my performance with the link at the end of this email.

Thank you!
--
Jeff S.

Smart DNS Proxy

So I guess for now all is well ...

Netflix at the same time. In other words you have the entire Netflix catalog available to you with a single login, but via their app, which is limited to 720P.

wow how are they making this work I wonder ..... will check out and report .....

NEWS ::: Daredevil season 2 premiering on March 18 on Neflix.

Netflix not working at all for me from last night. On Roku getting Ui122 error and on browser it is just redirecting to smart dns proxy home page and not opening the netflix homepage. Anyone else facing the issue. Just dropped them a email.

NEWS ::: Daredevil season 2 premiering on March 18 on Neflix.
Cool.. "DareDevil"and "Narcos" were the best new shows of 2015. Both from Netflix and I can't wait to watch the second season ?

Just chatted with support as Netflix was not working and this is what they came up with.

Carmelo Q | L1 Support
Can you do the following for Netflix:

1. Remove Smart DNS proxy on the said device(s)
2. add 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4 to its DNS settings
3. Turn off the device for 5 minutes
4. Re-setup the said device and the instructions are located at https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/Setup (NOTE: please use these DNS IPs, Primary: 23.21.43.50, Secondary: 54.183.15.10)
5. turn off the device for another 5 minutes
6. Please make sure you have 3 green ticks on your Smart DNS Proxy account (1 subscription, 1 for Region settings and 1 for ip activation)
7. Please log in to your Smart DNS Proxy account, navigate to your Regions page, https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/MyAccount/sdp/regionconfiguration under Netflix please select US 2.2, click Update then restart your device
8. Lastly, please log out of your Netflix account on your device then after 10 mins log back in and try to access Netflix app

If you are still having issue please do refer to the instructions below:

Some users may be having issues getting the DNS to work because their accounts have Test participation turned on,It can be accessed and disabled from My Account on Netflix or from https://www.netflix.com/DoNotTest and turn it off

Please do let us know after testing

-=============================================

After updating to 2.2 now it started to work again.

Latest updates from SmartDNS :
NETWORK UPDATE : Some devices new updated Netflix Apps are hard coded with Google DNS. In order to bypass this case, please make sure to add static ip routing in your router settings to reroute Google DNS traffic to your routers DNS which is Smart DNS Proxy.

You may find details in our support page here : http://support.smartdnsproxy.com/cu...es/1528973-static-ip-routing-for-router-modem

For further help, our support team is live 24/7 at [email protected].

Yes that what we are doing with Roku 3, and Chromcast .... static routing .... :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back