Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:)

Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

For me borderless internet is working fine on LG WebOS TV. I have stopped experimenting which DNSes work from Smart DNS or Getflix.

Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

Latest Update posted by Smart DNS Proxy on their Facebook Page.

NETWORK UPDATE : We are here and Engineers are still focused on the US Netflix case.
If your Netflix account is tagged, at the moment you may access US Netflix only from your computer. For all non-tagged accounts can still access US Netflix from any device.
We don't know the logic behind tagging accounts. We assume they tag accounts randomly for testing.
In order to access local content please make sure to set your region OFF in your Smart DNS Proxy account > regions section.
We have few solution options but unfortunately No ETA at the moment to make US version available on all devices.
Currently our main focus is to make US version available on all devices for any account with affordable solution.
All other services are working properly.
Thank you!
===============================================================================================
Still no solution in sight. Surprising part is Sam and i are using the same account. He is able to access the same on his Roku , While i am getting the proxy error on my Roku. So wondering how far this account tagging works.
If the account is tagged then it should not work for anyone. how can it work for one profile and not for other.

Another finding. Yesterday i was able to watch few episodes on Roku. Whenever it gives the proxy error, i hit ok and then retried to pay the file again. The 9th or 10th time it buffered and crossed 30 % . Once it crossed 30 % it started to play fine. But as soon as the episode got over and i clicked to play the next one the error starting coming again. Again did the 10 to 15 times click to play and it worked. Watched a couple of episodes of Spartacus like this. Post which i got bored and switched back to my laptop to view .

I really don't buy what they are saying about "tagging". The reason is, on LG WebOS TV, I get proxy error when I use Smart DNS or Getflix but works fine when I use borderless internet DNS. If the tagging was true, I shouldn't have been able to stream from any DNS.

One more reason is what Dushie is saying. Sam is able to stream but not Dushie.

Still no solution in sight. Surprising part is Sam and i are using the same account. He is able to access the same on his Roku , While i am getting the proxy error on my Roku. So wondering how far this account tagging works.

this is weird, could you create a test profile and see you could access Netflix in Roku?

even 30% of Smartflix users were reported being tagged
whilst it works for the rest(even US based accounts having issues with accessing Canada)
only way for tagged ones could access seems to be a unique IP which incurs
cost so not many DNS providers are willing to budge.

@gopichandpai, still facing issues with Getflix? all my devices are back on track,
contact support and ask them for new test DNS codes.

other than Getflix/Borderless, DNS4ME have bypassed this new netflix block on all its devices.

Getflix works for me on browser but doesn't on LG TV. I will contact them today for new DNS codes.

Friends Friends .... hold your horses .... It was just a fluke I am sure it was just a matter of time .... As of today morning I have also started getting the same, unblocker or proxy message, so it was just a matter of time ....I will chat with smartDNS CC and let you know what they respond ...My Amazon Prime also has stopped working ....:sad:

But one thing I still cannot understand when I remove the DNS Netflix starts working BUT with same US account, only I do not see US shows listed, and BTW I do not also see any bollywood shows listed ...:confused:

I do not have any India Netflix account, its deactivated, so ideally speaking Netflix shoud ask me to reactivate the account, instead it allows me to play the shows with US account ID and payment made .... just that the shows listed there are non US ....

Friends Friends .... hold your horses .... It was just a fluke I am sure it was just a matter of time .... As of today morning I have also started getting the same, unblocker or proxy message, so it was just a matter of time ....I will chat with smartDNS CC and let you know what they respond ...My Amazon Prime also has stopped working ....:sad:

But one thing I still cannot understand when I remove the DNS Netflix starts working BUT with same US account, only I do not see US shows listed, and BTW I do not also see any bollywood shows listed ...:confused:

I do not have any India Netflix account, its deactivated, so ideally speaking Netflix shoud ask me to reactivate the account, instead it allows me to play the shows with US account ID and payment made .... just that the shows listed there are non US ....

Could be caching or DNS propagation taking time.

I'm assuming Netflix is updating servers and blocking entire IP ranges here.

On my end everything is working fine... touch wood.

Of note I"m using VPN and not a DNS service.

Also, the account is in my SIL's name who resides in the US and she also uses Netflix. I don't know how much that really helps, but I've had no issues whatsoever.

Could be caching or DNS propagation taking time.

I'm assuming Netflix is updating servers and blocking entire IP ranges here.

On my end everything is working fine... touch wood.

Of note I"m using VPN and not a DNS service.

Also, the account is in my SIL's name who resides in the US and she also uses Netflix. I don't know how much that really helps, but I've had no issues whatsoever.

I am also using similar kind of account of my family member but getting "proxy message".. Can't use it with smartDNS or vpn but "bordlessinternet" works fine at present..

Friends need info, has anyone tried using borderlessinternet with Roku 3, is it working? do you get US shows ?? please update ...

@regeHA what VPN service are you using ..?

When you remove DNS, it will show you India Netflix. You will be able to see and stream only those shows which are available in India when you remove DNS. This is the beauty of Netflix account. With just one account you can access different regions. You don't need the region specific Netflix account to login/stream.

Cisco VPN ??? what online VPN service I am asking?. howis cisco VPN providing you access to Netflix..... unless you are using it to connect to some personal PC in US

Hidemyass should be the ans ....

Last edited:

borderlessinternet website is having serious issues here..... not loading at all...lol looks like all traffic is getting diverted ...lol. Anyone else facing this issue

Cisco VPN ??? what online VPN service I am asking?. howis cisco VPN providing you access to Netflix..... unless you are using it to connect to some personal PC in US

Hidemyass should be the ans ....

I use HMA, and I also have Cisco corporate VPN that lets me connect via secure remote access to multiple office networks in the US, Europe, and Asia.

Netflix works on both. HMA and also with Cisco AnyConnect on my iPad.

I also have Cisco corporate VPN that lets me connect via secure remote access to multiple office networks in the US, Europe, and Asia.

aaaa that makes sense, and that is what I said ("unless you are using it to connect to some personal PC in US" ) ... except its official PCs .......cool....:)

Hidemyass is tooo bloody expensive, I am looking for other working alternatives, both online DNS/VPN and personal VPN as well if there is a service that allows a personal VPN connection to their server in US that can make US netflix accessible ...

Will keep you posted .....

borderlessinternet is just down and wont open as far as I am concerned ....

borderlessinternet was down but it is back up now. They don't have VPN though.

UPDATE ::: I forgot smartDNSproxy also has VPN and I remember I took their VPN as well when I purchased their services which was included in their price. So I tried that and its working.(playing person of interest on my browser as I type) The downside of VPN is that is seriously messes up with your up/down speed since you connect to a US server if US netflix is what you wanna access.
Second......... home routers does not have VPN, unless you hack them with something like DD WRT,(or you purchase one with builtin VPN) so your devices will not take the advantage.

UPDATE ::: I forgot smartDNSproxy also has VPN and I remember I took their VPN as well when I purchased their services which was included in their price. So I tried that and its working.(playing person of interest on my browser as I type) The downside of VPN is that is seriously messes up with your up/down speed since you connect to a US server if US netflix is what you wanna access.
Second......... home routers does not have VPN, unless you hack them with something like DD WRT,(or you purchase one with builtin VPN) so your devices will not take the advantage.

The quality ones really don't have any issue with speed. But they also charge premium in the range of $6-$10 per month. StrongVPN is another contender that I've used apart from HMA.

You can also connect up to 5 devices with a VPN service.

Yet another benefit is having a dedicated IP and being able to switch IPs even within North American cities.

The best option is to have a VPN enabled router, unfortunately I don't either, but the geek in me has been toying with the idea of running everything from a web hosting VPN server, or setup a home VPN server, but these will surely be with limited speed. Anyways these are not for daily use like Netflix... just playing around with the Pi kind of stuff and home brewing for the geek in us all.

I believe things are setup for a long battle between Netflix and the VPN service providers. At times Netflix will get a leg up and then the VPNs will hit back, but its inevitable with Netflix going global. Google has done it successfully with its devices, I have not been able to get Netflix US via Chromecast for a while now. Of course the limitation has been DNS here and not actually being able to use a VPN with CC. Would have loved a VPN enabled router though to see if CC worked with that.

Friends need info, has anyone tried using borderlessinternet with Roku 3, is it working? do you get US shows ?? please update ...

@regeHA what VPN service are you using ..?

I am not able to get Roku 3 work with boderlessinternet for some reason .. the DNS has been changed on Router level (as was with smartdns) and I can access all US region on browser but not on Roku 3. has anyone been able to get US netflix of hulu working with borderlessinternet on Roku 3 ????

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back