Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:)

Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

Still Netflix is not working on WDTV live. No solution yet by Smart Dns. Best part is without using smart Dns the boxes connect to India Netflix and work fine. With Smart Dns they are giving SSL handshake errors . I have both roku and WDTV boxes . need to find someone who knows networking to see how I get both to work on same network.

Re: Netflix, my experience...amazing service!!! can be accessed from INDIA as well..:

Cancelled my India wala subscription.

There was very little content of interest, to me.

ciao
gr

Still WDTV live not working with Smart DNS proxy for Netflix. Anyone else was able to get WDTV live to work with Netflix US.

It appears that Netflix has successfully blocked Unblock US:sad:

Unable to watch Netflix USA for the past 15 days on Roku 3 through Unblock US.

Would appreciate if anyone on the forum can throw some light on alternative ways to watch Netflix USA.

Thanks

try smartdnsproxy .... seems working for who so every is subscribed to it including me.
Tell me with UnblockUS has it stopped working via browser as well, or only Roku 3. Coz if its only Roku 3 and you can still view via browser then another solution can be chromcast, since netflix supports chromcast natively, you can run netflix on chrome and cast it on your TV. It worked perfectly, I have tried that as well.

Thanks SAM for your advice. Netflix USA is working on browser and not on Roku 3 while using Unblock US VPN. What could be the reason for not working on Roku 3?

. What could be the reason for not working on Roku 3?

Very difficult to say ... try smartDNSproxy ....trial and see if that works ... if it does switch from UnblockUS to SmartDNS

Switched over to SmartDNSProxy. Working smoothly for the past fortnight. Hope Netflix US leaves it alone!!!

Once Roku is activated is it necessary to use SmartDNSProxy or similar for the rerouting even if you don't want to watch any use channels like netflix or similar? Can I just use the Roku normally without any rerouting?

Yes you can, rerouting is only needed for US channels,like Netflix US, APV, crackle etc for world channels like popcornflix, watchfreeflex, youtube no need of smartDNSproxy

Last edited:

Is Netflix free to use in India after the initial one month?

^^ Nope ... 600 bucks/ month I suppose for 2 screens HD

And does it consume lot of internet bandwidth? I guess it will. So we should also have unlimited internet plan wit atleast 5mbps speed to watch HD contents...right?

I have a 20mbps line so I really can't comment nipun hehe :-; but u can watch on a 1mbs line also without buffer probably on low quality. I watch a movie in HD and about 4 gb is used.

And does it consume lot of internet bandwidth? I guess it will. So we should also have unlimited internet plan wit atleast 5mbps speed to watch HD contents...right?

Yes 5mbps is good enough, an hour of movie with 5mbps will be around 2.2 GB/hour, rest you can calculate ....

I have been using Netflix on my 5mbps line as well as 2 Mbps , there is no buffer, but wth 2 Mbps I do not get 1080p resolution. With 5mbps I do get 1080p resolution.

I have been using Netflix on my 5mbps line as well as 2 Mbps , there is no buffer, but wth 2 Mbps I do not get 1080p resolution. With 5mbps I do get 1080p resolution.
Which internet provider do you use? and what is your plan?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back